Coachery

This is interesting.

Seems like a nothing burger after watching the video. They didn't say they were currently renegotiating his contract. They said they need to turn their attention to renegotiating his contract and keeping his staff in place. Also, the video probably took a little time to film and edit (probably more than a few days, especially given Covid), so I find it unlikely what was said in the video had anything to do with related issues in the last roughly 4 days since White was hired here.

Last edited:
It sounds like they are trying to match our offer, but really can't afford it.
From what I’ve read of Campbell, a public bidding for his services isn’t how it would play out.
I think it’s to be taken at face value. Iowa St is trying to figure out how to deal with Covid and also pay to keep a staff (not just Campbell) together that just went up in market value.

Reactions: Carp
Seems like a nothing burger if you watched the video. They didn't say they were currently renegotiating his contract. They said they need to turn their attention to renegotiating his contract and keeping his staff in place. Also, the video clearly took a little time to make (probably more than a few days, especially given Covid), so it's very unlikely what was said in the video had anything to do with anything related issues in the last roughly 4 days since White was hired here.
Thanks, some of the guys over on 247 were talking about it so I thought I'd pass it along. I am at work as well and didn't watch the video.

Reactions: Carp
Thanks, some of the guys over on 247 were talking about it so I thought I'd pass it along. I am at work as well and didn't watch the video.
He says at the 4 minute mark “We are very excited that coach Campbell has decided to stay a Cyclone, now we need to turn our attention to renegotiating his contract”

If it’s between Tony Elliottt and a year of Steele where we recalibrate, what do you all choose?
I would like to see Campbell, but I could see Elliot working.
You bring in a bright young guy with a lot of upside potential as the HC.
You give him a couple of old pros like Chaney and Steele as OC & DC.
Move Ansley to special teams coordinator and DBs.
Elliot could turn them loose while learning the CEO part of the job.

Seems like a nothing burger after watching the video. They didn't say they were currently renegotiating his contract. They said they need to turn their attention to renegotiating his contract and keeping his staff in place. Also, the video probably took a little time to film and edit (probably more than a few days, especially given Covid), so I find it unlikely what was said in the video had anything to do with related issues in the last roughly 4 days since White was hired here.
I hope your right.

I would like to see Campbell, but I could see Elliot working.
You bring in a bright young guy with a lot of upside potential as the HC.
You give him a couple of old pros like Chaney and Steele as OC & DC.
Move Ansley to special teams coordinator and DBs.
Elliot could turn them loose while learning the CEO part of the job.
Don't think Campbell is in play, according to multiple posts in other threads, he hasn't been contacted. If you demote Ansley to STs and DBs, he's out, he's the DC now.

This is also out there, doesn't mean we offered him the job of course:

I felt like this was stated last night too. Not this specific tweet, but that he had no interest in leaving Minnesota. I really believe people in the athletic department have just been left cold and DW, Boyd, Plowman, and maybe a lawyer or two are the only ones who truly know what's up. This is why SF hasn't been able to divulge a lot of specific information lately. Yes the offer he mentioned last night was pretty specific, but even then that doesn't account for anything in terms of names. And we weren't offer Flek $5-6 million anyways. I'm still confident our guy is in play.

TYS - SCE... good lord, I would be speechless.

Hypothetically, ... does Franklin have family? If so, the ATL plane would be for Agent/possible coach, details and signing.

The TYS - SCE plane would be to pick up family members for presser.

Perhaps it’s because he was informed we have our guy.

With the way info spreads these days--disinformation, or not--he also may have wanted to get out ahead of any rumors as soon as his name was mentioned.

Too bad, would have loved him here. Better option than both Freeze and Kiffin. Anyone that believes otherwise is a damn fool.

TYS - SCE... good lord, I would be speechless.

Hypothetically, ... does Franklin have family? If so, the ATL plane would be for Agent/possible coach, details and signing.

The TYS - SCE plane would be to pick up family members for presser.
Could he considering his family is living in Florida due to covid and his daughter has sickle cell, so he kept them away

VN Store

Back