Coachery

Because my friend of thirty years is of counsel to several people in the AD, some very important boosters, and two coaches. He’s been a hundred percent on what he’s shared with me so far, as others will tell you. I do not claim to be an insider, important or knowledgeable beyond what I know. What I know is that we just backed up a truck to our first choice, and are making him say no. I believe the offer is over five years and 40mm. If they move on from that, I hear we will close number two before lunch.
Someone else in another thread was claiming 7y 40-50million. I don’t see how that is an OC or someone who has never coached P5. Of the guys mentioned that would almost have to be Herman or Campbell neither of whom are repped by Sexton.

Someone else in another thread was claiming 7y 40-50million. I don’t see how that is an OC or someone who has never coached P5. Of the guys mentioned that would almost have to be Herman or Campbell neither of whom are repped by Sexton.
You could probably get Herman for around 4~6 right now.

If it's true that we offered $8 million to a coach, that's Stoops, Riley, Dabo, or other elite coach type of money. That's not "first head coaching job former coordinator" type money.

Maybe NFL?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Just my 1.5 cents worth, but I’m thinking Campbell is the first target and Herman the second. No matter who is hired, I’m glad the entire administration has handled this process as it should be. The last week has felt different than our previous coaching searches, and I’m starting to regain hope the ship is getting turned in the right direction. Eagerly awaiting the news Monday afternoon.

Reactions: kcvols1
I read somewhere that the 40 mil over 5 included buyout of the current sitting HC were offering. Which would bring it down to 6-7mil/year.

Even so that still puts us paying just below that Top 10 (tier-1) coach level.

I agree with most of you, I think Campbell, Fickell, another name I've read a few places but not in this thread is Cristobal, I would have guess Fleck before the leaks of him staying, Franklin would have been another guess but the integrity thing DQs him.

I would guess it's one of Fickell, Campbell, Christobal as offer one,

Then guys like Herman, Chadwell, Napier, etc back up plan

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Auburn wanted Cristobal but Oregon gave him a raise. I just can't see him leaving now. But that is a big name nobody has mentioned much of. GBO!

If it's true that we offered $8 million to a coach, that's Stoops, Riley, Dabo, or other elite coach type of money. That's not "first head coaching job former coordinator" type money.

Maybe NFL?
It’s about 6m. 40m initially was quoted with 5 years but it actually would be about 7 years in case of 2 years worth of sanctions.

I’m so tired of these coach searches. Hope we just hire a good one for a change. This waiting is killing me.

You'd think people would get tired of slinging around baseless out of nowhere rumors and reacting like methheads everytime a crumb of dried up glue hits the table , but they eat it up like a bunch of drunks playing Tonk for the 100th time.

Take a look at Basilio’s new blog post. He claims we’ve offered a nice sum to a few coaches, all have said no. He also said several others said no, but I took that as “not interested” instead of no to an offer. Claims the plane was also in Myrtle Beach (Chadwell) over the weekend, but not sure how true that is. He did make it seem like a hire would be soon. However, it worries me at the pessimism I get from the blog when it comes to people saying no.

Hopefully we hear something today or @Stoerner Fumbles has an update by mid-morning. Fingers crossed we get this right. I’m tired of drinking to drain my sorrows on Saturdays in the fall, I need celebratory drinking back!

Take a look at Basilio’s new blog post. He claims we’ve offered a nice sum to a few coaches, all have said no. He also said several others said no, but I took that as “not interested” instead of no to an offer. Claims the plane was also in Myrtle Beach (Chadwell) over the weekend, but not sure how true that is. He did make it seem like a hire would be soon. However, it worries me at the pessimism I get from the blog when it comes to people saying no.

Hopefully we hear something today or @Stoerner Fumbles has an update by mid-morning. Fingers crossed we get this right. I’m tired of drinking to drain my sorrows on Saturdays in the fall, I need celebratory drinking back!
Based on past coaching searches I would expect a few no’s and we will be further down on list. This year hiring a coach is also more difficult than previous years with ncaa sanctions so my guess is we all need to lower our expectations and hope for the best

We may also end up majorly overpaying for an ok coach because we couldn’t get a big one

It seems Basilio's error is probably believing all the smoke screens.

If Danny White is using misinformation to smoke out the leaks in the AD office, we're going to hear a lot of things that simply aren't true. Totally made up. If Basilio is sweeping all those things into his basket and treating them ALL as true, he's going to end up with a laundry list of "failed offers."

In reality, White has been on the job coming up on three days now. Half of Friday, the weekend, and now 6 hours of Monday.

I think the truth is, he honed in on the top option very quickly, and has been at that top option ever since. I think there have been discussions with Backup Plan A and Backup Plan B, but of course those triggers wouldn't be pulled unless the first shot misses.

Meanwhile, maybe Basilio is caught up in the misinformation.

VN Store

Back