Coach Vitello's Contract

I'm going to enjoy him while I can. I think we're going to have to fend off advances from others very soon.

He seems to like Knoxville, and I hope Danny White does every thing he can to keep him. I think it's going to take major stadium renovations and maybe even a new stadium altogether. The new parks in this league are insane.

I said it 2 years ago, Texas A&M is the only one we need to worry about.....in the short term that is

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I'm going to enjoy him while I can. I think we're going to have to fend off advances from others very soon.

He seems to like Knoxville, and I hope Danny White does every thing he can to keep him. I think it's going to take major stadium renovations and maybe even a new stadium altogether. The new parks in this league are insane.
Just hope Dave Van Horn doesn’t hang it up at Arkansas anytime soon.

It's not a question of "if". If Van Horn retires, I can guarandamntee you the folks out here in Fayetteville will demand him back.
That's why salary isn't the final answer. UT absolutely must stop talking about facility upgrades and put those promises into action. They've to make a serious investment in upgrades. No slapping lipstick on a pig. We need to get serious about the baseball facility arms race and get up there with the top SEC baseball programs like LSU. Give the guy a reason to stay along with something to sell to top recruits.

And furthermore our coach needs to win something before we all start freaking out, good golly ms. molly. Being the fastest to 100 ain’t scaring the pants off of Tim Corbin or Dave Van Horn, that’s for sure.

I don’t even wanna think about that, good grief people. Going into this weekend Van Horns’ squad was ranked #1, he ain’t leaving anytime soon. Geez!!!

I don’t either. It would help if Tennessee fans, especially those in the Knoxville area, would get excited about baseball. Hopefully, as TV keeps this program trending upwards, more will jump on board. That support would a) justify spending more on facilities; b) do more to keep TV around; and c) make the job more appealing if/when TV does depart.

For whatever reason, folks in East Tennessee don’t seem to care much about baseball. When you look around the support in the rest of the SEC, that’s a handicap for Tennessee until it changes.

I don’t either. It would help if Tennessee fans, especially those in the Knoxville area, would get excited about baseball. Hopefully, as TV keeps this program trending upwards, more will jump on board. That support would a) justify spending more on facilities; b) do more to keep TV around; and c) make the job more appealing if/when TV does depart.

For whatever reason, folks in East Tennessee don’t seem to care much about baseball. When you look around the support in the rest of the SEC, that’s a handicap for Tennessee until it changes.
I’ve never understood the lack of support or lackadaisical attitude for baseball from our fanbase (especially students) even in the “good days”. My first year at UT was the 2005 CWS team and I didn’t miss a home game unless a scheduling conflict simply made it impossible to be there. As a student, I couldn’t imagine what else you had to do on a beautiful spring weekend that would keep you away from the ballpark for that team. Out of a student body of 26k, there’s no reason we shouldn’t have had at least 1-2k students there on any given day, yet we were lucky to have 2k in the stands total.

Who cared about the Lady Vols before Pat started bringing home natties? It's amazing what success can do for a program (or the lack of it--see Vol football).

Other schools that draw well make it an event. LSU, Ole Miss, Ark, etc make it almost football type atmosphere. Tailgating at the park, the game is in a minor league-type venue. LNS is definitely in a stadium squeezed on campus.

It is somewhat of a conflict to have the university president attempting to build a downtown stadium that could have some overlap and competition with a new or seriously upgraded on-campus baseball facility. There are too many issues overall to achieve what would have to be done to hold Tony long term.

It is somewhat of a conflict to have the university president attempting to build a downtown stadium that could have some overlap and competition with a new or seriously upgraded on-campus baseball facility. There are too many issues overall to achieve what would have to be done to hold Tony long term.
So, we should start looking for another coach now? I'm sure there are any number of Todd Ralieghs out there.

VN Store

Back