Coach Rick Barnes - Incredible video

Wow, that was really emotional, even for me not being a huge fan of Ford (he’s a cool guy and great player, I’m just not a Texas fan).

As a coach at the high school level, I understand creating bonds with your athletes but for a man in CRB position, who is at (then and still) a Huge D1 school... to show that much emotion all those years later. It shows the man truly cares about his student athletes. From the outside it seems 1st he cares for them as a human, 2nd he cares for them as an athlete. Thanks for sharing

That is a touching video. It is one thing to mentor a player regarding basketball, but it takes a special person to truly care about that player and to impact them in such a positive way. CRB would not do it, but the asst coaches and other players should show this video to recruits and their families to let them know the character of CRB.

Thanks for sharing. That is what it's all about. Relationships and believing in kids. Great story.

Reactions: VFL17
If you are a top basketball recruit and are being recruited by Tennessee after seeing this video how could you not want to play for this man?

VN Store

Back