Coach Pearl is the best closer in recruiting

tennessee77

I'm simply amazing how pearl closes on recruits. Negedu could played right away at memphis and could have got a title, but chose us. Beating Pitino, who always gets the player he wants, for Hopson. The players always say that it feels like a family here. That will sway players in pearl direction. Plus, Forbes needs a big raise.

We'll really start to see the talent fly our way if Bruce can get us to the elite 8, final 4, or win it all. He's already proving our tournament appearances and SEC prowess is paying off. As far as Negedu is concerned I'm sure the return of Dozier didn't hurt in pushing him towards us.

Ew was not a big one,you have to sacifice a recruit to get a better one. Hickson is the only one that hurts

I'm simply amazing how pearl closes on recruits. Negedu could played right away at memphis and could have got a title, but chose us. Beating Pitino, who always gets the player he wants, for Hopson. The players always say that it feels like a family here. That will sway players in pearl direction. Plus, Forbes needs a big raise.

:blink:

I wouldn't quite go this far yet. Bruce is a great coach and recruiter, and winning games, conference titles and sweet 16 appearances only helps the fact. With all of this talent next year, we should be one of the favorites to hang a banner.

Preseason rankings are fun, but only because you don't actually have a way to see how the teams stack up on the court.

I, like many others, take it all with a grain of salt.

Congratulations on getting Negedu and the strength of your recruiting class. Coach Pearl is getting the talent he needs to have a good team again this year. Wouldn't it be fun to have another 1 vs 2 when Memphis plays at your house next Spring. Get ready, it should be a good game.

Welcome to the board memphis I look foward to watching that game it will be as good as this last one was. :clapping:

Congratulations on getting Negedu and the strength of your recruiting class. Coach Pearl is getting the talent he needs to have a good team again this year. Wouldn't it be fun to have another 1 vs 2 when Memphis plays at your house next Spring. Get ready, it should be a good game.

It would be fantastic. I am of the opinion that having multiple highly ranked basketball teams in the state of Tennessee is good for everybody!

It would be fantastic. I am of the opinion that having multiple highly ranked basketball teams in the state of Tennessee is good for everybody!

I agree. Why should North Carolina have all the fun. I am sick of hearing about Tobacco Road. I want the whole country watching the State of Tennessee. I was hoping to see you guys for a little revenge game in the Final Four. Maybe we can pull it off this year. Would you accept an undefeated season except for the game against Memphis and a loss in the National Championship game?

Best closer? Highly doubt it.

He has the potential to be though. He grabbed some kids up real quick in the off season, but lets be real, there choices were limited and quicker than the normal recruiting process.

Regardless, he did a good job, and the UT team looks to be very deep in talent.

We'll really start to see the talent fly our way if Bruce can get us to the elite 8, final 4, or win it all. He's already proving our tournament appearances and SEC prowess is paying off. As far as Negedu is concerned I'm sure the return of Dozier didn't hurt in pushing him towards us.

Exactly, Negedu was going to be coming off the bench and he didn't agree with that so he signed with The Vols. Some players that are use to being the man can't function on a team that uses a team approach where 10 - 12 player rotation apply. Devin Ebanks did not agree with Memphis way of playing players, so he signed with West Virginia.

Exactly, Negedu was going to be coming off the bench and he didn't agree with that so he signed with The Vols. Some players that are use to being the man can't function on a team that uses a team approach where 10 - 12 player rotation apply. Devin Ebanks did not agree with Memphis way of playing players, so he signed with West Virginia.

Negedu will be coming off the bench for the Vols...

VN Store

Back