Coach O is Toast

Lane if and only if he wins out.

James Franklin otherwise. They will back the brinks truck up for him. And it will cost $10 million. And will be a great hire.

Franklin isn't leaving Happy Valley to get LSU on track. It's a lateral move at this point. He has Penn State trending upwards. It's not always about the cash.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
Franklin isn't leaving Happy Valley to get LSU on track. It's a lateral move at this point. He has Penn State trending upwards. It's not always about the cash.
Penn State is not on the level of LSU. Never will be in modern times. He will never win a natty at Penn State.

From what my lsu friend tells me, they can't afford to fire him because of the buyout after the title game. Granted, it is an lsu fan and he probably ain't too bright lol
Just do what the Vols had to do with Pruitt and fire him for cause.

Reactions: AshG
I always thought sexual conduct with coeds was a big no no?

That, too. But where most defense lawyers get around that is it's only a really really bad thing if the coed is in your department or class. Otherwise, it's hard to claim grade or enrollment interference possibilities.

He’s pretty much done at LSU.

His players have quit on him.

Who do you think they go after during the off season?

I mean i don’t get it. LSU sold their souls to get a Natty and win vs Saban. The slide from 2019 prolly was magnified given Covid and losing both coordinators.

I’ll be curious to see if Coach O gets another year. While it’s easy to say, LSU better have a homerun hire lined up if they fire him. They can’t end up like Auburn firing Gus and paying all that money just to end up with a Harsin like Hire.

With that said if I was LSU, I’d go hard and rich after David Shaw at Stanford. I’ve always wanted to see that guy in the SEC with his system and zero recruiting restrictions (Stanford academics)

I mean i don’t get it. LSU sold their souls to get a Natty and win vs Saban. The slide from 2019 prolly was magnified given Covid and losing both coordinators.

I’ll be curious to see if Coach O gets another year. While it’s easy to say, LSU better have a homerun hire lined up if they fire him. They can’t end up like Auburn firing Gus and paying all that money just to end up with a Harsin like Hire.

With that said if I was LSU, I’d go hard and rich after David Shaw at Stanford. I’ve always wanted to see that guy in the SEC with his system and zero recruiting restrictions (Stanford academics)

He is not going to ever leave Stanford.....the NFL comes calling and he tells them no too....He makes like 8.9 million a year at Stanford

Reactions: Zues1
Nah.

He left Florida to get away from Saban.

I’d be shocked if he comes back to the SEC.

Meyer could get USC if he wants it for more money probably. Easier conference, bigger market & major population base to recruit (10x more people in Cali than La).

Penn State is not on the level of LSU. Never will be in modern times. He will never win a natty at Penn State.
What makes it any harder? He’s in a state that has another P5 school unlike LSU but he cleans up on the best PA talent and it’s not much competition with Pitt and he has practically locked down the DelMarVa and DC areas. The hurdle in his own division of OSU and UM doesn’t get any easier in the SECW with Bama, AU and AM trading places with you. Once you make it to Indy the odds say you’re winning it cause the East is so much better (8 out 10 of modern day East teams have won it). For a PA guy, I don’t see the LSU job being significantly superior to entice him to jump.

Reactions: BUBear
I heard he offered to resign, but no one could understand a word he said so they didn’t understand the offer.

lmao-spit-take.gif

LSU has a bit if a "gauntlet" of their own to pass thru.
Florida
at Ole Miss
Bama
Arkansas
Obviously no Georgia on there. Coach O may survive if he wins 2 of these 4, but that will be a challenge.

Scott Woodward has a long history of nabbing the “big fish” but I don’t know if there are any out there at the moment. Billy Napier seems like a safe bet.

Found it interesting Napier wouldn’t even talk to Auburn or Tennessee last year

Pruitt is available. He is borderline understandable and literate like O. Perfect fit.

I'm sure he would dun real gud if hired, aight?

VN Store

Back