Coach Mike Leach

The concussion story was a lie.

Dan Mullen was 0-8 vs Alabama. It's not really hurting him at Florida is it?

He's coached for 19 years and never been fired for his record. I'd guess he will get a better offer or retire from Miss State.
He’s been fired twice and will get fired from MSU eventually after his act wears thin. Again

I see no reason he'd start 0-3 vs Ole Miss. But Mullen was 1-4 in his last 5 games vs them and under no pressure at all as far as keeping his job there.
And then Moorhead beat them twice and still got canned, even with consecutive bowl games. They might wait longer for Leach I don't think it'll do them any good.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
But the issue is it’s not one or the other. I can think Pruitt is underachieving and still think leach is an overrated coach who’s never won anything as his record has shown
Tennessee doesn’t appear to have the ability to hire anyone better than that. Mike Leach could be the best we can get.

Staggering that Kirby thought D'wan Mathis was better than JT Daniel's at the start of the season. UGA could well be 7-0 and the #1 team in the country right now if JT had been the starter.
UGA would have still lost to UF and Bama with Daniels as QB.

And then Moorhead beat them twice and still got canned, even with consecutive bowl games. They might wait longer for Leach I don't think it'll do them any good.

Moorhead was doomed from the get-go. The Miss State fans were never going to be happy after Dan Mullen, even though Moorhead's record after 2 years was almost identical to Mullen's.

I'd like to see Moorhead get a shot somewhere else. He's a very successful OC and a very successful FCS coach. Can't see any reason he can't succeed at the right FBS program; Miss State just wasn't the right one.

Butch Jones pushed UGA to OT in his first year. Almost wins are not wins. They mean nothing.

Exactly. Leach is on a glide path to be 0fer this season, winless. That's a worst of the worst situation as a HC on The Hill.

In his first year at the helm, MSU took UGA to the wire last night. Not only that, but MSU looked better than or as good as UGA is every aspect of the game other than the deep ball, which is the only reason UGA won.

UT had Leach lined up, and not taking him was an AD blunder. I am not calling for Pruitt to be fired this year, but if UT flops next year he needs to go by mid season.

I don't see how UT could get Leach now that he is at MSU, but whoever pulled the plug on that deal really dropped the ball. It's Pruitt's 3rd year and UT is still on the bottom. When Leach has been at MSU for 3 years, they will be competing for the SEC West. Mark my word.

Mike Leach has coached 20 years in power 5 conferences and has 0 conference titles. The hard-on that some of you have for him is ridiculous.

Mike Leach has coached 20 years in power 5 conferences and has 0 conference titles. The hard-on that some of you have for him is ridiculous.
Leach is the proverbial "one that got away." It's like a guy sitting around thinking about what might have been with an ex-girlfriend; it's pathetic. Kiffin gets a similar treatment.

In his first year at the helm, MSU took UGA to the wire last night. Not only that, but MSU looked better than or as good as UGA is every aspect of the game other than the deep ball, which is the only reason UGA won.

UT had Leach lined up, and not taking him was an AD blunder. I am not calling for Pruitt to be fired this year, but if UT flops next year he needs to go by mid season.

I don't see how UT could get Leach now that he is at MSU, but whoever pulled the plug on that deal really dropped the ball. It's Pruitt's 3rd year and UT is still on the bottom. When Leach has been at MSU for 3 years, they will be competing for the SEC West. Mark my word.
I don't think y'all understand how quickly his act would wear thin here after he upsets Florida, but then loses 52-45 to Kentucky and 62-58 to Vandy to close the season and deny us a chance to go to Atlanta, then talks about pirates in the postgame press conference. He'd wear us out even more quickly than Big Jerm has.

He’s been fired twice and will get fired from MSU eventually after his act wears thin. Again

He has not been fired twice. He was fired at Texas Tech because he filed an injunction against the school and he refused to sign an apology to Craig James about his son over a story the son made up and Craig James used to trash him because his son wasn't getting playing time.

Craig James' son claimed Leach locked him in an electrical closet for hours. The trainer who was there said that was lie under oath. It turned out James showed up for practice with a concussion. The trainer told Leach he wasn't allowed to practice and needed to be in a dark room. He was placed in a training room where the trainer said he watched television, ate ice and rode a stationary bike. At some point he slipped off, got in a closet and took a selfie. He sent it to his dad who immediately contacted the athletic director. They suspended Leach without telling him who was accusing him of misconduct or what the misconduct was. Leach filed an injunction to be able to coach the bowl game and to end the suspension.

They came to Leach and said he could keep coaching there if he'd sign a personal apology to Craig James and his son. Leach refused because he'd not done anything the James family accused him of doing. So they fired him, claiming cause, the day before his 800k bonus was due.

Leach had signed a contract extension the spring before they fired him. He won 9 games and finished in the top 25 his final year. Texas Tech has done neither since he left 11 years ago.

ESPN fired Craig James. He's not been on tv in any sports capacity in years. Leach has been hired to coach two P5 programs since. Leach lost that battle but James and Texas Tech lost the war.

Mullen is in year 12 with 0. You have to use context of where you're coaching at, where the program came from and where the coach took it. It's extremely hard to win conference titles at schools like Washington State, Texas Tech and Miss State. They are always going to be in the bottom half or even bottom 1/3rd of their conference in recruiting.

Texas Tech has shared two conference titles between 1956 when they joined the SWC and 2020. Washington State has 4 conference titles of any kind since they started playing football in 1894. Mississippi State has 1 SEC title in 1941. That's the only championship of any kind in school history. They are the worst program in the history of the conference. Mullen is showing how dumb our fanbase is when they didn't want him because he wasn't winning the SEC or beating Saban. He was still succeeding there at extremely high levels for them, just like Leach did as WSU and Texas Tech.

He would have easily been the most successful coach we'd hired since Majors.

Staggering that Kirby thought D'wan Mathis was better than JT Daniel's at the start of the season. UGA could well be 7-0 and the #1 team in the country right now if JT had been the starter.
J.T Daniel's just now got healthy. Can't blame that on Kirby

Mullen is in year 12 with 0. You have to use context of where you're coaching at, where the program came from and where the coach took it. It's extremely hard to win conference titles at schools like Washington State, Texas Tech and Miss State. They are always going to be in the bottom half or even bottom 1/3rd of their conference in recruiting.

Texas Tech has shared two conference titles between 1956 when they joined the SWC and 2020. Washington State has 4 conference titles of any kind since they started playing football in 1894. Mississippi State has 1 SEC title in 1941. That's the only championship of any kind in school history. They are the worst program in the history of the conference. Mullen is showing how dumb our fanbase is when they didn't want him because he wasn't winning the SEC or beating Saban. He was still succeeding there at extremely high levels for them, just like Leach did as WSU and Texas Tech.

He would have easily been the most successful coach we'd hired since Majors.

Leach’s predecessor at Texas Tech, Spike Dykes, won a conference title there. Mike Price won 2 conference titles at Washington State before Leach arrived. Leach won 0 at both schools combined, yet he’s hailed as a genius, when two non-geniuses out-championshiped him 3 to 0.

Regarding Mullen, “our fan base” is a broad term. I’d have loved to have hired Mullen, but I never believed he’d choose Tennessee over Florida given a) his history there and b) their roster was in much better shape. I know a lot of other UT fans also would’ve loved to have Mullen.

But Mullen isn’t the topic. Leach is. And he’s overrated. Has been for a long time.

We also played Bama and Kentucky much better than they did, so I guess that means we're better? Didn't they barely beat Vandy a little over a week ago?

With the talent we have, Leach wouldve had Bailey slinging it 40-50 times a game with a couple awesome backs for his style. . . . if we only had a decent DC, we wouldnt be where we are in yr3 under Jeremy.
CJP was a defensive coordinator

UGA would have still lost to UF and Bama with Daniels as QB.
Agreed. A healthy JTD makes the bama game closer, but not a win imo. UGA’s defense was too depleted for anything to change in the UF game. UGA was missing both starting safeties, 1 CB, and 2 starters on the DL.

VN Store

Back