Coach Martin and recruiting

My main concern is hoping Stokes returns. But who feels Maymons rebounding hole. Those 8 to 10 rebounds need to be covered. Also Maymons ability to help break the press.

Any thoughts on A. J. Davis being able to feel that role.

I'll take this one - Davis looked very much the part of a freshman - up to and including tucking his sweat top into his pants - he looked lost the greater part of the time with very few instances where you were compelled to think he would be a factor next season. I am not quite sure why he was starting in front of Moore and Maymon in the early part of the season. Here's hoping he improves dramatically or one of next years class can slide in ahead him.

I'll take this one - Davis looked very much the part of a freshman - up to and including tucking his sweat top into his pants - he looked lost the greater part of the time with very few instances where you were compelled to think he would be a factor next season. I am not quite sure why he was starting in front of Moore and Maymon in the early part of the season. Here's hoping he improves dramatically or one of next years class can slide in ahead him.

You would thin with his dad being a former NBA player he would be able to take charge this summer. Get him the strength training needed. Get him to some big man camps. Here's hoping.

If you want to see some really ugly, boring, slow tempo, low scoring, grind it out basketball tune in next season.

I know I can't wait!

Reactions: 1 person
Maymon seldom dunked the ball and miss a lot of lay up. If Thurman can become aggressive, he could turn some heads.

Before Maymon injured his knees he could dunk it easily. You'll see when they arrive, there's a stark difference in the above the rim playing style of Cofer and the way Turman plays.

I guess i'm one of the few that actually enjoy watching Cuonzo teams play defense. I enjoy the little details of basketball.

Reactions: 2 people
I guess i'm one of the few that actually enjoy watching Cuonzo teams play defense. I enjoy the little details of basketball.

Defense? :blink: It didn't show up until the end!!! If we'd have been playing defense all season, we'd have won a hell of lot more games, including both games against TA&M, Mizzu, Vandy and the last two against Florida! And we dang sure wouldn't be playing in this stupid play in game! :banghead2:

ha I know, but that's what was expected when Cuonzo was hired. and it's been shown in flashes throughout his tenure, and they finally strung a few games of it together, and it was awesome to watch.

ha I know, but that's what was expected when Cuonzo was hired. and it's been shown in flashes throughout his tenure, and they finally strung a few games of it together, and it was awesome to watch.

I agree with this.

It's also the main source of my frustration with CCM over his tenure here. He constantly preaches "toughness and aggressiveness" and "defense.". However, for long stretches of a season, his team refuses to play it.

It'd be similar to having a coaching who hung his hat on a fast break, up tempo, high scoring offense and then his team average 50 points a game.

Something just doesn't add up.

I agree. But if they do it on occasions, it makes me think maybe the players just aren't executing the gameplan. Because I can't imagine he is telling them much different from a game to game basis as far as his base defensive theories.

But who knows.

Before Maymon injured his knees he could dunk it easily. You'll see when they arrive, there's a stark difference in the above the rim playing style of Cofer and the way Turman plays.

So, now I'm confused. Is Turman a Maymon clone now, or a Maymon clone before he was crippled? There is a big difference between healthy Maymon and crippled Maymon, and you seem to think Turman is the same as crippled Maymon.

So, now I'm confused. Is Turman a Maymon clone now, or a Maymon clone before he was crippled? There is a big difference between healthy Maymon and crippled Maymon, and you seem to think Turman is the same as crippled Maymon.

I'm mainly saying their playing styles will be similar. When I said athletically similar to Maymon I meant he's big and strong and plays that way. He's not a high flyer. I've watched him play. He scores a lot on high effort put backs. His game is much more like Maymon or Stokes than Cofer's. Thus my comment after the original post that said both new posts were above the rim players. Yes Turman can dunk it, he's 6'9. But he's not likely to elevate over people and posterize them. Cofer on the other hand, may do just that.

I'm mainly saying their playing styles will be similar. When I said athletically similar to Maymon I meant he's big and strong and plays that way. He's not a high flyer. I've watched him play. He scores a lot on high effort put backs. His game is much more like Maymon or Stokes than Cofer's. Thus my comment after the original post that said both new posts were above the rim players. Yes Turman can dunk it, he's 6'9. But he's not likely to elevate over people and posterize them. Cofer on the other hand, may do just that.

No, you said he was a clone "athletically", so again, which Maymon are you talking about? The one that could jump or the one that is stuck to the floor. There is a huge difference between the 2.

No, you said he was a clone "athletically", so again, which Maymon are you talking about? The one that could jump or the one that is stuck to the floor. There is a huge difference between the 2.

Maymon couldn't jump before surgery. Go back and watch highlights of his jr season. I'll agree he's a different player now but he never could get up.

Turman can jump like Maymon of old. Both are strong, wide body players that play a similar game. Turman is less skilled than Maymon though. Turman will have the same issues that Stokes and Maymon have against tall players. He's not going to be a Charles Barkley type PF who just explodes over everyone in traffic and throws it down in a 7 footers face.

Maymon couldn't jump before surgery. Go back and watch highlights of his jr season. I'll agree he's a different player now but he never could get up.

He's a different player...I suppose he is, it's probably hard to play basketball with one working leg.

Winning is exciting, even if it's slow tempo, just ask Virginia.

It would be exciting... of we won like Virginia. Been a while since we won like that. CCM's version of excitement, to this point, seems to be being on the bubble every year and seeing whether we end up playing in the NIT or a play-in game for the NCAA.

That sort of excitement is getting old. :ermm:

How many dunks has maymon had this year?

How many dunks has he had for his whole career?

Have never seen Maymon do anything like what Turman did in the above two videos.

Turman will have more dunks than Maymon has his whole career as a freshman.

VN Store

Back