Coach Manning, Please report to the AD's office!!

with all his media deals and papa johns money, peyton's probably bringing in 20 million / year---probably more. He works a few hours each week, does some commercials, promos, flies around the u.s. for events, games---no way he's giving all that up to work 80 hour weeks at ut for 5 million

Your interaction with him may have been great but when he calls a play that you hate on 4th and 2, in the Swamp,trying to win the game and it fails everyone will call for his head. He has had a great career as a player on every level. I like my heroes with the mystique.

If that scenario played out over and over and over again...maybe...

...but, Manning is too much if a tactical football aficionado to let that happen...

...unlike Jones who will repeat the same mistakes again and again to the detriment of his team and season...he's just a hard headed fu****.

with all his media deals and papa johns money, peyton's probably bringing in 20 million / year---probably more. He works a few hours each week, does some commercials, promos, flies around the u.s. for events, games---no way he's giving all that up to work 80 hour weeks at ut for 5 million

See...you are trying to think like you...he's not you. He doesnt even need the Papa Johns money. This is about furthering his legacy...

Nice to dream but think about this:

Why would Peyton want to sign up for a job and work 80 to 100 a week for a few million $$ when he can make the same money working a few hours a month humming insurance tunes and eating Pappa John's pizza on TV?

Plus he would be a huge threat to CBJ!
He also owns like 50 of them if not more. He is the largest Papa John's franchisee

If that scenario played out over and over and over again...maybe...

...but, Manning is too much if a tactical football aficionado to let that happen...

...unlike Jones who will repeat the same mistakes again and again to the detriment of his team and season...he's just a hard headed fu****.

You're just automatically assuming it would carry over to coaching.

Great players don't automatically translate to great coaches

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I know this is one of "THOSE" threads, but by God how great would that be right now...Christmas is on the horizen..please Santa just give us Coach Manning, I will never ask for anything again...

Why would this be great? Getting someone who has never coached, recruited or anything like that, yeah that would be just great. It's not going to happen nor should it. I'm as big a Manning fan as anybody but no way in hell do you let him or anyone else with no coaching experience take over a major program. What you should be asking for is for Jones to remove his head from his rectum and get some coaches in here to turn things around because he's gonna be here next year like it or not.

Why would this be great? Getting someone who has never coached, recruited or anything like that, yeah that would be just great. It's not going to happen nor should it. I'm as big a Manning fan as anybody but no way in hell do you let him or anyone else with no coaching experience take over a major program. What you should be asking for is for Jones to remove his head from his rectum and get some coaches in here to turn things around because he's gonna be here next year like it or not.

Coach manning does not mean Head coach. Thanks for reading the whole thread before posting..that was excellent..

while we are dreaming:

Peyton - Head Coach
Fulmer - OL coach
Tee Martin - QB coach
Johnny Majors - running backs coach
David Cutcliffe - OC

Anyone else??

You're just automatically assuming it would carry over to coaching.

Great players don't automatically translate to great coaches

You could be right..but I would really, really like it if they gave him a chance, and he would try it.

...he was already play calling on the field his junior and senior year. He ran the offenses pretty effectively at Indie and Denver. The only reason he is not a coach right now is he had a great NFL career...I cant penalize him for that, I see that as a plus.

Being able to do something well and being able to teach someone else to do something well is a very different skill set.

Coach manning does not mean Head coach. Thanks for reading the whole thread before posting..that was excellent..

My bad I guess you meant coach Manning as in OC? Nah you probably meant wide receiver coach right? Perhaps it's for coach of the d line? Which position would it be since there are no openings for any coaches? I guess my response was as excellent as your initial post. Manning isn't coaching here now or in the future so get over it.

...as someone else said in another thread...have a Snickers..

Excellent response. Nobody is telling you not to wish for Manning as a coach, it just isn't going to happen. What you, I or any other Vol fan can hope for is for that hard headed coach who is there now gets control of this team and things turned around before it's too late. But if fantasy land is a better place for you then by all means hang out there.

Reactions: 2 people
Excellent response. Nobody is telling you not to wish for Manning as a coach, it just isn't going to happen. What you, I or any other Vol fan can hope for is for that hard headed coach who is there now gets control of this team and things turned around before it's too late. But if fantasy land is a better place for you then by all means hang out there.

Friends??...good

..I know it will never happen, but its fun to talk about..like what if I hit the lottery...

...the board was really tense, I was just trying to lighten the mood with some fantasy..

I know this is one of "THOSE" threads, but by God how great would that be right now...Christmas is on the horizen..please Santa just give us Coach Manning, I will never ask for anything again...

Here is your original post, the one I replied to. Where in it does it state Manning as OC? Where does it state anything other than 'coach'? When one uses that term in a post it's assumed that it's meant as HEAD COACH and anyone else would have surmised that as well. Once again you've shown your ignorance and I'll continue to call you out on that and your stupid little fantasy of Manning being ANY KIND of coach at UT.

VN Store

Back