Coach Kellie responds to Geno's comment.

The Holly stans that were browbeating anyone (Tennessee fans included) that criticized her have largely admitted their erroneous ways, ghosted us, or loudly took their ball and ran home crying.

It still upsets me to think about being accused being a “Holly hater” just because I thought it was painfully obvious that the job simply wasn’t the right fit for her and that she needed to admit it and move on. All of us wanted Holly to succeed.

The only thing I ever hated — and I hated it even more than the gross misunderstanding between longtime loyal fans — was having been right all along.

The only thing I ever hated — and I hated it even more than the gross misunderstanding between longtime loyal fans — was having been right all along.

What I hated the most was the wonderful teens who committed to TN not being developed as players and as a team.

Second, was Pat's dynasty, TN Lady Vol basketball, being dismantled.

Then third, I hated the Holly loyalists saying we who were desperate for a coaching change weren't true Lady Vol fans. We who were crying for a coaching change are the true Lady Vol fans.

We who were crying for a coaching change are the true Lady Vol fans.

Oh, they are as true a group of fans as can be. BUT, I always knew that their grief for Pat, and the misplaced fear that suggesting that Holly wasn’t head coach material would be an insult to Pat, certainly got in the way of being able to see the truth of the situation.

I adored Pat Summitt, and have been sad to have to admit several times here that something forever changed inside the “basketball fan” part of me when she died. I don’t know if I’ll ever get “it” back all the way again. I want to.

I say that because I truly do understand the loyalists’ ongoing grief and loyalty. But for whatever reason, for some of us our loyalty to Pat and the Lady Vols came in the clarity of being certain that a leadership mistake had been made and desperately needed correction, while others truly believed that the correction itself would be the biggest mistake of all.

I have no idea why some were able to see things others were missing, but it sure wasn’t because ANY of us loved Pat or the Lady Vols program any less than the others.

I believe that in time the most hardcore Holly Forever fans will understand where we were coming from and that we all wanted the same thing.

GO LADY VOLS!

Well, I didn't start any discussions about UConn, I just joined in to an existing thread about it. You can blame Geno for that since he was the one that was quoted here.

If it's irrelevant , why have so many Vol fans added to the thread?

I don't post on the Boneyard, although a few here have told me to go back there. I agree with you on some of the UConn fans. Insufferable and Boorish? You bet. There are fans like that in every fan base.

So, you are telling me if I posted about LV basketball you would be ok with it? Even if I (heaven forbid) was critical about the team? Somehow I think not.

But thanks for your warm welcome and southern hospitality.

Well, think again. You have missed but there was not exactly rousing support for Holly Warlick to stay on the job and this board has all kinds of critical takes on LV performances, particularly this season.

So, that is a statement either made in ignorance or just seem strained effort to claim a rhetorical advantage.

And LV fans responding to the original post because Geno was making, or interpreted as, making some statements about the state of LV b-ball. For my own part, I said that the negative implication people were drawing was, in fact, not far from the truth. The LVs have fallen out of the elite set and it is now up to KJH to change that.

Your deal is blabbing on about how great UConn is. A few posters did take your bait and get into a debate with you over conference strength and so on but I think that was a polite way of please STF up about Uconn on this board.

And southern hospitality has it limits. Dogs that are not housebroken tend to push those.

Well, think again. You have missed but there was not exactly rousing support for Holly Warlick to stay on the job and this board has all kinds of critical takes on LV performances, particularly this season.

So, that is a statement either made in ignorance or just seem strained effort to claim a rhetorical advantage.

And LV fans responding to the original post because Geno was making, or interpreted as, making some statements about the state of LV b-ball. For my own part, I said that the negative implication people were drawing was, in fact, not far from the truth. The LVs have fallen out of the elite set and it is now up to KJH to change that.

Your deal is blabbing on about how great UConn is. A few posters did take your bait and get into a debate with you over conference strength and so on but I think that was a polite way of please STF up about Uconn on this board.

And southern hospitality has it limits. Dogs that are not housebroken tend to push those.
Those critical takes were done by Lady Vol fans. Somehow I don’t think my opinion would be treated so well. In fact, I’d probably be banned.

I didn’t reply to anything about what Geno said I believe. My posts in response to posts about next year’s UConn’s team. It appears that anything positive I say turns into me either bragging how great Uconn will be or is.

I’ve been told to STFU a few times here in one way or another. I did not believe any of my posts deserve those nasty responses. But it’s your board so nasty away. I won’t be responding in kind.

Reactions: mcannon1
Those critical takes were done by Lady Vol fans. Somehow I don’t think my opinion would be treated so well. In fact, I’d probably be banned.

I didn’t reply to anything about what Geno said I believe. My posts in response to posts about next year’s UConn’s team. It appears that anything positive I say turns into me either bragging how great Uconn will be or is.

I’ve been told to STFU a few times here in one way or another. I did not believe any of my posts deserve those nasty responses. But it’s your board so nasty away. I won’t be responding in kind.

you were banned
dogg

Reactions: MAD and Amb3096
What I hated the most was the wonderful teens who committed to TN not being developed as players and as a team.

Second, was Pat's dynasty, TN Lady Vol basketball, being dismantled.

Then third, I hated the Holly loyalists saying we who were desperate for a coaching change weren't true Lady Vol fans. We who were crying for a coaching change are the true Lady Vol fans.

Those of the Holly lovers should look at the year we had DD Jamie and Mercedes.... Tell me HOW you can have THREE professional players in the WNBA right now and not win something? Just Saying

Those of the Holly lovers should look at the year we had DD Jamie and Mercedes.... Tell me HOW you can have THREE professional players in the WNBA right now and not win something? Just Saying

They were just blinded..They constantly blamed the players and insults anyone that mentioned Holly.

UConnJob has slowly started their swan dive. They aren't in a P5 conference so their revenue is way less and facilities will struggle to keep up with other programs. Elite recruits are starting to notice. While UConn still recruits very well they are down from their peak days and still trending downward slowly as they lose more and more elite recruits to ND, Baylor, Stanford and even Louisville. Sooooon: Tennessee will out recruit them too (fingers crossed).

Geno better hope the ACC or B1G let them come crawling in.

UConn is in a lousy conference and they face all of the problems which come with that such as miniscule revenue, but Holly Warlick Kamikaze piloted the Lady Vols into mediocrity????? A record 6 game losing streak with losses to Alabama, Georgia and Arkansas????? Really???? Instead of coaching up and keeping them focused, she became the chaos coach???? Thank GOD Fulmer did what he had to do and I understand it wasn't easy with Holly's many years of service to the program and the woman who played for us!!
Now let's get behind Kellie and hope she'll truly coach the players up, hold them accountable and lead by example. She's got a great deal to repair, but I think she's got the right mindset! If we focus on making things right here, it'll happen!

The ONLY thing UCON fans can brag about is their women's basketball team, and even in that instance, the conference they play in absolutely sucks.

Uconn's mens team has won 4 men's NCAA national championships, too. But don't let facts get in the way of your narrative.

VN Store

Back