Coach Kellie Harper

Do you want Coach Harper to return or hire new Coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna throw a name out there if CKH is fired.
Current Georgia head coach Katie Abrahamson-Henderson. Danny White hired her at UCF in 2016 and her career record is 405-187 with 12 NCAA Tournament appearances in 19 seasons as a head coach.

I'm gonna throw a name out there if CKH is fired.
Current Georgia head coach Katie Abrahamson-Henderson. Danny White hired her at UCF in 2016 and her career record is 405-187 with 12 NCAA Tournament appearances in 19 seasons as a head coach.

I like Coach Abe, but it’s a no for me, I think she’s also a mid-major level recruiter like Kellie. Excellent coach but should have stayed at UCF where she had a good thing going. Can’t blame anyone for taking a payday though.

Are there any assistant coaches that might be a good pick? I don't know who they are but Tara's or Dawn's assistant coach or someone else. Plus they probably have ties to high school recruits.
No matter who you get, except for about a half dozen coaches, it will be a roll of the dice. Maybe slightly weighted dice. And most will probably be about as good as Kellie, some slightly better and maybe a couple a lot better. And a few worse. A big decision involving Millions of dollars. At least it isn't my money.

Last edited:
Between Hollie and Kellie, we lost our way. If we are to correct this ship, we need a new skipper.
You can tell I was in the Navy. Lol
our girls deserve better coaching. According to this poll, 58% agree with me.
DW has the power to hire/fire, so it’s up to him.
Not without a huge pile of $$$ for a higher salary & NIL to recruit a 5 star coach, which UT doesn't have or is not willing to spend.

Reactions: FormerLadyVolFan
Not impossible. All it takes is one or two interested donors with deep pockets. Remember, right now the schools themselves are not involved.

That said, I can't understand how the LVs can't find their own one or two Haslem type donors.
Because you have a former UPS driver trying to run a collective that they have no clue running and has absolutely no connections to people with deep pockets

Not impossible. All it takes is one or two interested donors with deep pockets. Remember, right now the schools themselves are not involved.

That said, I can't understand how the LVs can't find their own one or two Haslem type donors.
Find a donor👀 if they cared about the Sports they would give without being asked.

Because you have a former UPS driver trying to run a collective that they have no clue running and has absolutely no connections to people with deep pockets
Man I hate to disparage Terri. Her crowning achievement will almost be the deal with Ann Baker Furrow that kept Rickea. She did develop that connection. But you're right, when I first saw last spring that the OMD ladies were our "professional fund developers" I was gobsmacked. Unbelievable for a program at this level.
Find a donor👀 if they cared about the Sports they would give without being asked.
See above. Professional fund developers always ask, and sometimes receive.

Man I hate to disparage Terri. Her crowning achievement will almost be the deal with Ann Baker Furrow that kept Rickea. She did develop that connection. But you're right, when I first saw last spring that the OMD ladies were our "professional fund developers" I was gobsmacked. Unbelievable for a program at this level.

It would be great to know if there is someone in the AD who fills that role for the ladies. If there’s not, maybe that gives us an answer on the AD’s priority. If there is, maybe that gives us an answer on why they aren’t giving.

It would be great to know if there is someone in the AD who fills that role for the ladies. If there’s not, maybe that gives us an answer on the AD’s priority. If there is, maybe that gives us an answer on why they aren’t giving.
The AD cannot be directly involved in NIL fundraising - yet. So it has to be set up independently. I'm still shocked it hasn't been done on a bigger scale, as it has for the men.

Not without a huge pile of $$$ for a higher salary & NIL to recruit a 5 star coach, which UT doesn't have or is not willing to spend.
Believe that was true 5 years ago, hence Kellie hire. Seems like big boosters/corporate sponsors support NIL for football, baseball, and men’s basketball so why not women’s basketball? Seems like two biggest factors are BHC 1) doesn’t have big boosters/corporate sponsor connections and is ran more like a high school fundraiser group that hosts car washes, bake, and tshirt sales to raise money. 2) big boosters/corporate sponsors have seen Kellie in action and feel she doesn’t have tools to be an elite coach to bring back LVs basketball to F4s so they are waiting and withholding money.

Kellie’s postseason review with AD White will be interesting to see if anything changes. Kellie should be pushing White to bring in/introduce big boosters/corporate sponsors to BHC or require Spyre to handle LV programs too. Appears universities will probably oversee NIL process and make student athletes employees at some point so AD should be able to assist Kellie with NIL and more for a future coach. Here is a more recent article: Tennessee creating NIL salary fund for athletes if power conferences defect from NCAA

Believe that was true 5 years ago, hence Kellie hire. Seems like big boosters/corporate sponsors support NIL for football, baseball, and men’s basketball so why not women’s basketball? Seems like two biggest factors are BHC 1) doesn’t have big boosters/corporate sponsor connections and is ran more like a high school fundraiser group that hosts car washes, bake, and tshirt sales to raise money. 2) big boosters/corporate sponsors have seen Kellie in action and feel she doesn’t have tools to be an elite coach to bring back LVs basketball to F4s so they are waiting and withholding money.

Kellie’s postseason review with AD White will be interesting to see if anything changes. Kellie should be pushing White to bring in/introduce big boosters/corporate sponsors to BHC or require Spyre to handle LV programs too. Appears universities will probably oversee NIL process and make student athletes employees at some point so AD should be able to assist Kellie with NIL and more for a future coach. Here is a more recent article: Tennessee creating NIL salary fund for athletes if power conferences defect from NCAA
Answer is #2 based on all the other programs thriving in the same environment.

The AD cannot be directly involved in NIL fundraising - yet. So it has to be set up independently. I'm still shocked it hasn't been done on a bigger scale, as it has for the men.
Yeah, but I was referring to someone who is responsible for donor relationship building for the women. Someone who can schmooze and let them know that the ladies are falling behind, not necessarily asking for money.

What is "OMD"?

Are there any assistant coaches that might be a good pick? I don't know who they are but Tara's or Dawn's assistant coach or someone else. Plus they probably have ties to high school recruits.
No matter who you get, except for about a half dozen coaches, it will be a roll of the dice. Maybe slightly weighted dice. And most will probably be about as good as Kellie, some slightly better and maybe a couple a lot better. And a few worse. A big decision involving Millions of dollars. At least it isn't my money.
That makes the Lady Vol WBB HC an entry level position. Not sure the fan base is ready to turn Pat Summits keys over to someone who’s never been a HC somewhere. You do that may as well dip into the high school coaching pool.

Yeah, but I was referring to someone who is responsible for donor relationship building for the women. Someone who can schmooze and let them know that the ladies are falling behind, not necessarily asking for money.
Right. As I've said til I'm blue in the face a professional fund development person, which are a dime a dozen around large universities, is badly needed. At this point it can't be someone officially affiliated with the school, but I'm still stunned they can't come up with it.
What is "OMD"?
Orange Mountain Designs, the local Lady Vol gear shop that is a gathering place for the LV faithful and site of alot of the NIL events. Terri runs it, or use to.

Right. As I've said til I'm blue in the face a professional fund development person, which are a dime a dozen around large universities, is badly needed. At this point it can't be someone officially affiliated with the school, but I'm still stunned they can't come up with it.

Orange Mountain Designs, the local Lady Vol gear shop that is a gathering place for the LV faithful and site of alot of the NIL events. Terri runs it, or use to.

Harper has to be willing to join that class of people and rub elbows. Don’t see her doing that based on her personality.

She just seems like a middle class soccer mom with a healthy budget.

Needs to be hosting social functions and getting out there. Maybe they are but I don’t see it.

Harper has to be willing to join that class of people and rub elbows. Don’t see her doing that based on her personality.

She just seems like a middle class soccer mom with a healthy budget.

Needs to be hosting social functions and getting out there. Maybe they are but I don’t see it.
Well if you don't see it, by all means assume she doesn't and pile onto her about it. And make a sexist "middle class soccer Mom" comment to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back