Coach Kellie Harper - Scouting Report

37620VOL

Barely-Known Member
I'm starting to get excited about basketball season and I'm hoping some of our knowledgeable posters can give me a rundown of the base offense and defense that CKH will likely install. The more wonkish the better.

Reactions: volunator
I'm starting to get excited about basketball season and I'm hoping some of our knowledgeable posters can give me a rundown of the base offense and defense that CKH will likely install. The more wonkish the better.

If she stays with what she was doing;;;;;; basic weave but more emphasis on dribble-drives,,, a lot of transition stop-n-pop's,,She'll push the FB points...pretty good scoring-plays off inbounds

Any ideal why UT sent an assistant coach to Chile? askin fer a fren.

They

needed something to go with a hot dog
QzgL7H5.gif

So based on the great posts above and review of the only game film (Iowa St):

The man offense looks like 30% fast break, 50% base motion offense, and 20% set plays. It's not my favorite offensive style, but not bad. Characteristics seemed to be low turnovers, decent shots taken early in the shot clock, little standing around, a lot of drives, kick outs, and good ball rotation. I didn't see any evidence of execution of a secondary break in the Iowa State game. Iowa State played exclusively man-to-man so if anybody has any Missouri State take against a zone defense I would love to review that as well.

As for Missouri state's defense at least 90% of the Iowa State game looks like aggressive man-to-man defense. There was good help-side support, few wide-open looks, active hands, and many turnovers created. It was basically everything I like to see in a defense.

In general Missouri State looked like a well-coached team that played far above their actual talent level. You can count me as hopeful and bought in to the new coach, although I doubt anyone really cares.

VN Store

Back