Coach K

I don't like the guy but 5 titles is not underwhelming. Who has more, John Wooden and nobody else? I do agree he has had some big time talent and underperformed lately but 5 titles is 5 titles.
Yea it’s a little bit underachieving. Wooden has 10, Jim Calhoun has 4 and Pat Summit has 8 and Geno 12 and of course in football Saban has 7 and counting

Yea it’s a little bit underachieving. Wooden has 10, Jim Calhoun has 4 and Pat Summit has 8 and Geno 12 and of course in football Saban has 7 and counting
You realize you just named four legendary coaches across 3 different leagues that have more. Just 4. Tennessee men's basketball, football and baseball don't have 5 titles in our existence. I guess everyone in entitled to their own perspective but

Just because you don’t agree with them.
If UT hired Coach K in the late 70s instead of Devoe and won 5 titles over 4 decades would your opinion still be the same of Coach K? He transformed Duke into a basketball powerhouse and essentially averaged a NC every 8 years. I don’t believe Duke was considered a household name in college hoops before he arrived. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

When you consider Wooden teams played when the NCAA field of 32 had only 1 or 2 possibly legitimate contenders every year (only had to win 4 games) vs. Duke having to win 6 straight games in a field of 64 with increasing parity across the country through the years, 5 titles is not what I would call underachieving.

When you consider Wooden teams played when the NCAA field of 32 had only 1 or 2 possibly legitimate contenders every year (only had to win 4 games) vs. Duke having to win 6 straight games in a field of 64 with increasing parity across the country through the years, 5 titles is not what I would call underachieving.

I doubt that an extra game versus a 16 seed would have been a problem for Alcindor or Walton.

The 32 team field required 5 wins, not 4.

Giving several months notice is the responsible thing to do. 2 weeks notice doesn't really cut it at that level of responsibility.

Reactions: sbm362
I look forward to hearing something sanctimonious and hypocritical about him doing so before NIL took effect, as if it being above board is worse.

If UT hired Coach K in the late 70s instead of Devoe and won 5 titles over 4 decades would your opinion still be the same of Coach K? He transformed Duke into a basketball powerhouse and essentially averaged a NC every 8 years. I don’t believe Duke was considered a household name in college hoops before he arrived. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.
Hell, I’m just pumped that Barnes gets us to the dance almost every year. I don’t quite know how I’d feel about 5 national titles.
GBO!!

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
Loving it hate that smug bast$$$ only thing better would be if he takes he biggest fan with him ...... ole Dickie V hate that ******* too

VN Store

Back