Coach K

allvolrecruiting

shaynep_media
BREAKING: Coach K is retiring after this season per Jeff Goodman. Official announcement expected soon. The leading candidate to replace K is assistant and former Duke player Jon Scheyer.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Im not so sure if you watched any of their games this past season he almost looked disinterested or burned out from the work.
I just meant that even though you knew it was inevitable, it still comes as a bit of a surprise. Kind of like when someone in good health at 100 years old dies. You just aren’t prepared for it even though it was bound to happen.

I used to think Coach K was one of the good guys, ran a clean program, high integrity etc. Not sure if he changed at some point or if the truth just came out about how the program was all along.

I just meant that even though you knew it was inevitable, it still comes as a bit of a surprise. Kind of like when someone in good health at 100 years old dies. You just aren’t prepared for it even though it was bound to happen.

Very true, im sure its not the last time we hear about K being around the program.

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
Why do I get the impression that Coach K likes the idea of announcing this before the season so he can receive all the adulation (and the calls) everywhere Duke plays? The North Carolina coach sure didn’t do this.
Roy Williams decided after the season. Coach K decided after the season but wanted to coach the recruits that came to play for him

Roy Williams decided after the season. Coach K decided after the season but wanted to coach the recruits that came to play for him

Nothing wrong with realizing your no longer the right man for the job no matter the timing. Like them or not I believe both Coach Williams and Coach K did it the right way rather than hold on to try and get 1 more.

Leave it to Coach K to go out like a bigger douche than Roy Williams with an announced farewell tour. Now it's Dick Vitale's turn to do the same.

I dont like the man but hes not a douche. They were going to hang from the sack regardless of what did or didnt happen. Im one of the few that enjoys when Vitale calls a game but this will be unbearable to listen to him get a teary eyed every time he calls a Duke game and then theres Bilas, im sure he will be right behind him

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
BREAKING: Coach K is retiring after this season per Jeff Goodman. Official announcement expected soon. The leading candidate to replace K is assistant and former Duke player Jon Scheyer.
Lots of former Duke Players out there with head coaching experience. Amaker, Hurley, Capel, Collins. I saw the article where Cooper listed Scheyer as the leading candidate but I think they can find someone that checks all the boxes with head coaching experience.

Last edited:
Lots of former Duke Players out there with head coaching experience. Amaker, Hurley, Collins. I saw the article where Cooper listed Scheyer as the leading candidate but I think they can find someone that checks all the boxes with head coaching experience.

I really dont understand the pick either unless he just gets the plan moving forward more than anyone else. I think there were better options out there for both schools.

VN Store

Back