Coach K Postgame Presser Arkansas-Pine Bluff

Harper is great. I agree that we shouldn't degrade her by calling her Coach K.

Thanks for posting presser.

Degrade!?! I wish I had a "handle" like that, that can relate me to the best in the business over the lasts 30 years or so. I guess you can call her Coach H but I like "K" better. AND I will keep mentioning it, when I see or hear a reminder of "Pat" by Coach K.

I think I may have been the FIRST on Volnation to refer to Kellie as Coach K. If I wasn't wonder who was. Surely someone had already used it in her career before UT called her home. Really would like to be "first" in something on Volnation besides making a daily ass of myself!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Knox-a-rue
Respect the coach. Every time she appears on TV she will have one name. Every announcer will call her 'Coach'. Every opponent who shakes her hand after a game will say one thing, 'Good game, Coach'. As they say in the military, "You salute the uniform, not the man."

Personally, when I read Coach K, I think it is disrespectful; I think of a man in North Carolina not the head coach of the Lady Vols. She is the head coach of the Lady Vols and that requires respect and not to be confused with a men's coach in North Carolina. And for my point of view if you denigrate the Head Coach of the Lady Vols, you denigrate the lady who made that title, that position, stand for something. And if Pat Summitt ever heard you disrespect the head coach of the Lady Vols, she would stare you down until you crawled away.

Degrade!?! I wish I had a "handle" like that, that can relate me to the best in the business over the lasts 30 years or so. I guess you can call her Coach H but I like "K" better. AND I will keep mentioning it, when I see or hear a reminder of "Pat" by Coach K.

I think I may have been the FIRST on Volnation to refer to Kellie as Coach K. If I wasn't wonder who was. Surely someone had already used it in her career before UT called her home. Really would like to be "first" in something on Volnation besides making a daily ass of myself!:rolleyes:

Hah.

I think "Coach K" has a good ring to it. It just reminds me of another person in college basketball who already has that nickname, a person I don't really want us to emulate. Though he is a winner.

when did you coin the phrase?
I will check back and see when I did...

Think of it this way. If half the world’s human population were watching the Super Bowl on ESPN when they noticed a crawl going across the bottom of their screen that read, “BREAKING NEWS ALERT: Coach K has been kidnapped and is being held for ransom,” how many people who’d ever heard of “Coach K” would be thinking, “OH NO! I hope she’ll be okay!” ????

Answer: No one.

Think of it this way. If half the world’s human population were watching the Super Bowl on ESPN when they noticed a crawl going across the bottom of their screen that read, “BREAKING NEWS ALERT: Coach K has been kidnapped and is being held for ransom,” how many people who’d ever heard of “Coach K” would be thinking, “OH NO! I hope she’ll be okay!” ????

Answer: No one.

I wondered what they called thos elines across the bottom of the screen,,,'Crawl",,, cool
What's this about Coach K getting kidnapped...is she ok?

when did you coin the phrase?
I will check back and see when I did...

Hay Coach! I don't remember.... Hel-! I hardly remember yesterday. Anyway this is tomorrow> Happy Gobbler Day!!
(it would have been in one of the first few threads about "the return")..

You keep trying to be famous for something. Why not show your respect for her by calling her by HER name?
When I "call" (meaning out loud talking) Coach by her given name. It is "Kellie" and would usually put a Ms in front of Kellie if I weren't over twice her age. I do, as I do doctors and others, place her professional "handle" in front of Kellie. So in talking it's "Coach Kellie" for me.

VN Store

Back