Coach K has learned recipe for success

😂 I mean if that’s the case why not call her the “Wiz of Knoxville” if she is going to aspire to be a successful coach why not shoot for Wooden who won 12 NCAA titles! Why name her after the guy who won 4 titles and not after the one who won 12? I get what you are saying though she is at THE university that fought to make sure women’s basketball it’s own thing.

I like KJ myself but I know some of her players are calling her Kellie from interviews. I mean I see a smile from the videos posted and also keep up with Mrs. Horston and she posted something stating that Jordan received a text from a teammate, had dinner with alumns, and truly felt God had led her to stay with TN and she truly made the right choice! It was cool to see that and she mentioned how wonderful the staff was! I am glad to see the staff pushing these young ladies and them understanding this is for their betterment and not complaining!

I personally like "KJ" as well.

Wow...Can of worms ... squared!!

OK, what is the consensus?

Coach Kellie
Coach Harper
Coach KJH
The Wiz of Knoxville?

Coach, you are a great guy and poster, no one questions that. But, you are being bull headed, trying to give Kellie the same nick name as Coach K of Duke...He has earned that nick name the old fashioned way, with wins on the court.

Pat Summit was usually referred to as "Pat" by the media....She earned it the old fashioned way too...No other program dared to use her name when giving a nick name to their coach...It just isn't cool to do that....

Kellie is often called "Kellie" by the media, both local and nationally have referred to her by that name....

All in good fun son.....

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Coach, you are a great guy and poster, no one questions that. But, you are being bull headed, trying to give Kellie the same nick name as Coach K of Duke...He has earned that nick name the old fashioned way, with wins on the court.

Pat Summit was usually referred to as "Pat" by the media....She earned it the old fashioned way too...No other program dared to use her name when giving a nick name to their coach...It just isn't cool to do that....

Kellie is often called "Kellie" by the media, both local and nationally have referred to her by that name....

All in good fun son.....

...not trying to be, GT

The closest of friends call me Coach J on the court.
If there was another famous Coach J,,,So what?
I'm me!
And he isn't.

But I won't belliger it...Coach Kellie it is,
until she lets me know otherwise

Cool?

Names cannot be awarded. They must be earned. Through victory, through triumph, through effort, they must be earned.

Also, comparing Pat Summitt or our new head coach with the guy who tolerated Grayson Allen for four years is ... yeah ... let's not.

...not trying to be, GT

The closest of friends call me Coach J on the court.
If there was another famous Coach J,,,So what?
I'm me!
And he isn't.

But I won't belliger it...Coach Kellie it is,
until she lets me know otherwise

Cool?
tenor.gif

Fun discussion (including Coach Jump's more serious analysis of Kellie's coaching attributes).

After giving. It a little more thought, I agree with keeping it simple with the ultimate goal of having her join the ranks of those who have risen to the top to the point of universal first-name recognition.

Pat.
Tara.
Geno.
Muffet.

Kellie.
Yep, Kellie will always be my choice.

VN Store

Back