Coach Heupel and bye weeks

A Volunteer waking up at 7am on Saturday in Baton Rouge. Coach got'em ready!

mr-bean-jump.gif

Ok I google: kicker/helmet/miss/throw/cup/etc and am not seeing it. I need help understanding
1990 the tie vs Auburn our kicker Greg Burke missed a FG at the end for the win. When he was coming off the field John Fisher bounced a paper cup off his helmet. Auburn celebrated like they had won.

Coach Heupel's record coming off bye weeks and games canceled due to covid appears to be 6-1. CJH knows how to get these guys prepared every week and I believe we're gonna see one heck of a performance from our Volunteers on Saturday!
Beat lsu!!! GBO!!!
How many times does this guy have to speak to the Media. Let him coach!

Reactions: Holys#!tVol1979
Kicker missed a fg at end of game, came to sideline and a teammate was doggin him
never seen that before
IIRC..this was the season like 8-10 starters opt out for UCF including QB and I think the kicker too. The kicker had already missed at least one extra point in that game and the FG to win the game was like 30 yards long.

Reactions: Coddlecreek1
1990 the tie vs Auburn our kicker Greg Burke missed a FG at the end for the win. When he was coming off the field John Fisher bounced a paper cup off his helmet. Auburn celebrated like they had won.
I remember this vividly. lol! I've looked for it on youtube to no avail.

EDIT: Thanks for narrowing down the year...found it! 2:32:00 mark. :) 1990 # 5 Tennessee vs # 3 Auburn - YouTube

Last edited:

VN Store

Back