Coach Fitz is a lunatic

I can believe he passed out trying to squat 400 pounds.

That won't impress many players in an SEC weight room, though.

The women's record for his age group is well over 500 pounds - one rep of course but still.

Don't know if this was already posted, but this is easily one of the funniest things I've read in a while.

Enjoy.

Meet Vol Strength Coach Craig Fitzgerald, A Lunatic Who Will Get Tennessee Back On Top - FOX Sports Radio Knoxville

The past twenty strength and conditioning coaches who have been at Tennessee since 2009 have all come with much adoo
Oh he was once on Dan and staff. Or Oh he was a s & c coach on the NFL so he must be good. Or. He was a S & C coach for the U S Olympic team
The days of,me getting excited due to an interview or a magazine article are over.
I am holding out a determination until year 5.

Originally Posted by VolBraniac
Funny.

Not.

Completely unnecessary, the best S/C coaches/trainers I have come across are not idiots in their own strength room. They honor those places as places of intellect, work and preparation...not by showing their cock n balls.

Mel Siff turns in his grave.

Can’t believe you are actually being serious. This is EXACTLY what we need running our strength program. Toughen up.

Really? Where do you lay your expertise on this subject?

Weight room overhaul

Feel free to join the discussion. :hi:

Last edited:
I can believe he passed out trying to squat 400 pounds.

That won't impress many players in an SEC weight room, though.

The women's record for his age group is well over 500 pounds - one rep of course but still.

He passed out after five reps, this should be the fitz emoji but with weights on it. lol :thud:

Man do we have some snowflakes in our fan base...

Great belly-laugh to start a Friday....

Everyone else...pull up your big boy panties and quit being offended by everything....

It is football and not Chinese Checkers...

I don't care if it's real or not. That is the funniest thing I've read in a long time. There are some folks on this site that need to take a chill pill.

Funny.

Not.

Completely unnecessary, the best S/C coaches/trainers I have come across are not idiots in their own strength room. They honor those places as places of intellect, work and preparation...not by showing their cock n balls.

Mel Siff turns in his grave. :ermm:

Come on, we get it - you are a "serious training professional" who wants everyone to deeply respect the very genre of athletic training, but get a sense of humor here. Clearly (hopefully) the referenced stories were either apocryphal or embellished - and note the writer did not name Coach Fitz, that was in the comments of people who had been there and ascribed this to him. I am sure Fitz is a solid professional with a clear method to his program that inspires passion and excellence - because that is what the results have been in the places he has been. Just remember tho, the best training methods mean nothing without the "rage to master", fostering the relentless aggression that drives the motors inside their head. In the meantime, laugh a bit, ya Sally!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back