Coach Doug Mathews - Big Orange Sunday on NOW

What can he say that hasn’t been said?! Maybe Pruitt left in the middle of the night, we hired Meyer and... never mind.

Reactions: 08Vol
I didn’t care to hear what he says. This guy is bffs with the athletic director. He’s commentary will always be biased. I listed for just a second and he was talking about the improvements he’s seen bla bla.
48-17 and he’s talking about improvements?! That sounds like loser talk plain and simple.

He is being critical a little bit. Says he doesn't understand why we don't have our playmakers on the field every snap. We are trying to play too many people instead of focusing on the right ones.

Should be Hyatt, Palmer, Gray, and probably Johnson every time. He is really high on Hyatt, said he reminds him of Peerless Price somewhat.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
It would be quite delusional to view going 8-5 last season and staring 3-7 (2-8?) in the face this season as improvement.

Yep...I really am only going to look at SEC games....we were 5-3 last year in the SEC (62.5%). We are looking like a 3-7 team this year (30%).

How is that improvement in any definition of the word "improvement"?

Last edited:
Last year, some of our Seniors (Jennings, Bituli) grabbed this team by their ears and drug them to 8-5. Jennings made HUGE super human plays in some of those games and the team started to believe in itself. They sort of caught lightning in a bottle. Were are our SR leaders this year? Whose going to grab this team?

Last year, some of our Seniors (Jennings, Bituli) grabbed this team by their ears and drug them to 8-5. Jennings made HUGE super human plays in some of those games and the team started to believe in itself. They sort of caught lightning in a bottle. Were are our SR leaders this year? Whose going to grab this team?

I agree about Jennings.

Not sure where the alpha males on this team are or if they even exist.

He is being critical a little bit. Says he doesn't understand why we don't have our playmakers on the field every snap. We are trying to play too many people instead of focusing on the right ones.

Should be Hyatt, Palmer, Gray, and probably Johnson every time. He is really high on Hyatt, said he reminds him of Peerless Price somewhat.

This is one of the most baffling things to me, as well. I think because Covid prevented a typical offseason, Pruitt has been very conservative and not playing the Freshman as much as he might otherwise, but it's a big mistake IMO. Hyatt is clearly one of the best playmakers on the team and it's really taken till now to give him significant playing time. Should've been on the field as a starter in Game #1. Nothing against Velus Jones, but Hyatt is a much better WR. Hyatt might even be the best WR on the team already; the only debate is between him and Palmer.

Similar deal with Malachi Wideman. He absolutely needs to be on the field more. I don't know that he'll have the instant impact of Hyatt, but he's difficult to cover.

I'd even like to see Holiday, Calloway, and Beckwith get a bit more playing time, so we can see what we got with them, as well.

I would put Hyatt and Holiday and Palmer on the field let Hyatt run as fast as he can and let the QB throw as far as he can they could have probably connected 2 more times on that last night.

VN Store

Back