Coach Cutcliffe Gets A Two Year Extension At Duke

Back when it was a thing I didn’t want Cutcliffe to be the head coach at Tennessee. I wanted a big time splash hire. Man I was dumb.
We all did...We thought coaches would line up to be the head coach at Tennessee and boy were we wrong...Nobody wanted the job...Hell the Air Force coach turned us down...It was embarrassing...Not as bad as the last coaching search tho but damn near it.

We all did...We thought coaches would line up to be the head coach at Tennessee and boy were we wrong...Nobody wanted the job...Hell the Air Force coach turned us down...It was embarrassing...Not as bad as the last coaching search tho but damn near it.
I happy with Jeremy Pruitt being hired he was a great hire

thUX6MWJ2L.jpg

Reactions: MAD
Tennessee would have been better during 2010-2014, but y’all would have been frustrated as hell. It would have been a lot of seasons like 2015/2016. 8/9 wins, can never get over the hump.

Cut is a good coach but he’s at a perfect spot for him.

I agree with this. I love Cut but a lot of this talk is hindsight and fantasy thinking. He no doubt would have been better than Dooley but I doubt he would have done better than Jones' best 2 seasons. We would have gotten to the same spot and the same swell of frustration and grumbling would have happened and by now he'd probably be gone or people would be demanding a change because he can't get the program back to "glory".

He's done wonders at Duke; but even still Duke has a game or 2 almost every season that you just scratch your head at. Like last year they lost to Wake Forest at home on Senior Day 59-7.

I agree with this. I love Cut but a lot of this talk is hindsight and fantasy thinking. He no doubt would have been better than Dooley but I doubt he would have done better than Jones' best 2 seasons. We would have gotten to the same spot and the same swell of frustration and grumbling would have happened and by now he'd probably be gone or people would be demanding a change because he can't get the program back to "glory".

He's done wonders at Duke; but even still Duke has a game or 2 almost every season that you just scratch your head at. Like last year they lost to Wake Forest at home on Senior Day 59-7.

I largely agree with you about Cut’s Duke teams having some real head scratching losses through the years. However, I do think he would’ve gotten us greater results than Butch. The scale to measure his accomplishments at Duke to figure what he could do here is very difficult to judge because the infrastructure for football at Duke was nonexistent when he arrived. Coach Cut has put a lot of guys in the League that no one ever thought could. Daniel Jones with the 6th pick still blows my mind, but I’m hoping I’m wrong about that. He could’ve straightened Bray out real quick and gotten the most out of him . Or if he’d gotten the job instead of Kiffin, Tajh Boyd would’ve been perfect for his system running mostly the pistol and similar concepts as Klempson. I’d like to think if Cut got Duke to Atlanta for the Chick Fil-A Bowl and almost beat Texas A&M and Johnny Football, then he could’ve gotten us a Sugar Bowl appearance. Oh well, we’ll never know.

I’ve never heard that part of Hamilton before. I always he was a really nice guy, but obviously very incompetent when it came to being the AD.
My exposure to him is very limited, but the couple times I was around him, I did not find him pleasant. Can't say he did anything wrong, just expected different reaction from him in circumstances. Gave me a poor impression.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
My exposure to him is very limited, but the couple times I was around him, I did not find him pleasant. Can't say he did anything wrong, just expected different reaction from him in circumstances. Gave me a poor impression.

Fair enough . I’ve never been around the man, but that’s too bad. Being bad at your job and not being nice to people is not going to get you a lot of friends.

only been around him once and had a similar experience.

Reactions: SmokyRiverDog
Cut has his work CUT out for himself this season. If he wins this year, just hand him the trophy! Love DC.

Makes him a nice guy, (If he didn't make SURE you knew about it) But NOT a good AD. Maybe he should have gone into Child Services instead??
News reports AFTER the adoptions...not a PC that he called on the subject. My response was to a post stating that he was one of the worst HUMANS ever.

Cut has his work CUT out for himself this season. If he wins this year, just hand him the trophy! Love DC.
I really don’t see 6 wins on the schedule this season. If Duke goes bowling it will be one of Cuts best coaching jobs. Still can’t figure out why they scheduled Bama, let alone in Atlanta, which is scheduled for 3:30 on ABC. It’s going to be a bloodbath.

Sometimes the perfect school marries itself to the perfect coach at the perfect time.

Duke and Coach Cut, it’s perfect!

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

VN Store

Back