Coach Cut

Are we living in the same universe? In my universe, he is 118-115 and about to get fired.

In the 12 full years he has been at duke he is 72-79 with a 3-3 bowl record I know that's nothing great but Duke was 19-117 in the 12 years before he come if my math is right. I just don't see where he gets the axe. I'm not sure where you got 118-115 unless you are counting his record at Ole Miss against his Duke record.

Lost 16 of last 20 vs. Power 5. Seven losses in the last 2 seasons by 20+ points. Haven’t thrown for 300 yards in an FBS game since 2018.

Could you elaborate? Is he upset with Fulmer or something?
. He was ready to take the job in 2010 after Lane left us high and dry and really we should’ve hired him instead of Dooley. I think he still has a good relationship with Phil he just is happy at Duke now after 12 seasons and is content to coach another 3 or 4 years then retire. Also there is zero pressure or expectations at Duke and Cut has had some good winning seasons there. He was the right guy for Duke.

Duke's 4-14 in their last 18 ACC games...

We are what 9-22 in the SEC in the past 4 years. I'm thinking we need more then a 66 year old QB coach.

I'm not trying to dog you I promise, but I just don't see how you think Duke is going to fire the best thing they have had in 35 years. He is going to forgo retirement to come pull QB coach duties in our crap show we are running. While still having to run around recruits houses for less then we was making. If by some chance that all does happen it don't guarantee you a Manning kid.

You yourself brought up Duke had
Lane Train 4 said:
"Seven losses in the last 2 seasons by 20+ points. Haven’t thrown for 300 yards in an FBS game since 2018"
but you want him back as our QB coach.

We are what 9-22 in the SEC in the past 4 years. I'm thinking we need more then a 66 year old QB coach.

I'm not trying to dog you I promise, but I just don't see how you think Duke is going to fire the best thing they have had in 35 years. He is going to forgo retirement to come pull QB coach duties in our crap show we are running. While still having to run around recruits houses for less then we was making. If by some chance that all does happen it don't guarantee you a Manning kid.

You yourself brought up Duke had but you want him back as our QB coach.
yes

Then you are drunk and/or stupid.
This year JG is 103 for 166 with 1112 yards. 6 TD's and 4 INT's
Chase Brice is 146 for 269 with 1714 yards. 7 TD's and 12 INT's

I know we all give JG a hard time, but Dukes QB is not doing that much better then ours. If Cut can't do any better with a QB then that, and that's the best he can field but yet you still want him as a QB coach your mental or trolling.

I'm always looking to upgrade. 1998 is long past. Phil couldn't field a team today to compete with his 90's teams. Coach Cut couldn't field a offense like he could in 98 and Chavis couldn't field a defense like he could in 98. Why we as fans feel the need to dig up bones from the past to make us feel better I'll never understand. How about we find a modern Phil, Cut, and Chavis to take us to the promised land? They are out there.

Then you are drunk and/or stupid.
This year JG is 103 for 166 with 1112 yards. 6 TD's and 4 INT's
Chase Brice is 146 for 269 with 1714 yards. 7 TD's and 12 INT's

I know we all give JG a hard time, but Dukes QB is not doing that much better then ours. If Cut can't do any better with a QB then that, and that's the best he can field but yet you still want him as a QB coach your mental or trolling.

I'm always looking to upgrade. 1998 is long past. Phil couldn't field a team today to compete with his 90's teams. Coach Cut couldn't field a offense like he could in 98 and Chavis couldn't field a defense like he could in 98. Why we as fans feel the need to dig up bones from the past to make us feel better I'll never understand. How about we find a modern Phil, Cut, and Chavis to take us to the promised land? They are out there.
You're calling me stupid for saying a current head coach would be a successful QB coach? LOL, the irony.

You're calling me stupid for saying a current head coach would be a successful QB coach? LOL, the irony.

No I'm calling you stupid for saying and I quote "They haven’t thrown for 300 yards in an FBS game since 2018" and me asking you "and you want him for a QB coach" then you saying "yes".

Not sure you are aware how being a HC works. If they haven't thrown for 300 yards in a game in 3 years and Cutcliffe hasn't fixed that issue then he doesn't see it as a problem. That would lead a normal persons brain to think if he don't find it has a problem as a HC then he wont find it a issue as a QB coach.

You are trying your best to convince everyone here that he sucks so bad as a HC "In my universe, he is 118-115 and about to get fired." Your words, and his team has no offense "Hasn't thrown for 300 yards in an FBS game since 2018." Also your words, but would be a great fit as a QB coach to fix our QB passing issues in the same breath. Now that's irony.

David Cutcliffe at 66 is unlikely to take any other coaching job. Remember that after he was fired at Ole Miss he took an assistant coaching job at Notre Dame; all looked well until his heart attack, so he took a year off. Remember listening to him on sports talk radio in Nashville. Terrific offensive coach who accomplished lots at Tennessee. :cool:

VN Store

Back