'21 CO TE Terrance Ferguson

Fort Valley is a pipeline for GA football players. Hope Nieds can pull this guy.

OP corrected. Only mildly confusing. We’ve offered a TerrEnce Ferguson and a TerrAnce Ferguson in the 2021 class.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Terrance Ferguson (6-foot-5, 220) probably won’t be a traditional wide receiver at the next level, but the current high school junior projects as a pass-catcher, nonetheless, for college programs. “Most of time I’m flexed out wide, but I have a hand in the dirt on the line about 30 percent of the time,” Ferguson said. “I play a little bit of running back in short yardage situations as well. I’m really just a mobile tight end that can run and stretch the field and teams like my physicality and toughness.” Ferguson was clocked at a 4.8, 40-yard laser sprint time by his high school.
UT tight end coach Brian Niedermeyer is heading the recruitment of Ferguson. “It was good to get to know him a little bit. We talked about the offense and coach Chaney. He said they wanted to offer me because I had a unique skilled-set and consider me as one of the top 2021 tight ends.” “We didn’t really discuss playing time or anything like that. We just talked about the offense and how I could be used. I’m more of a pass-catcher but have played offensive line growing up. I know how to block, and I like the trench play.” “My favorite team is the Saints, so I know all about Alvin Kamara. I’m a tight end and I’ve watched Jason Witten’s career. And everyone around here is a Broncos fan. I’ve heard a few things about Peyton Manning.”
“In the end, I want a place that can develop me into an NFL tight end and where I fit in and can be used. Arkansas, Florida, LSU, Georgia and South Carolina of the Southeastern Conference have joined Tennessee in pursuit of Ferguson. “I have 16 offers but haven’t taken a visit yet. I plan on getting to Knoxville over the offseason for sure. College football has always been a goal of mine, but I don’t have a plan on when I want to announce a commitment just yet.” “Tennessee is forever away, but that doesn’t bother me. I just want to find the best fit possible, so distance is no worry,” Ferguson said. “I’ll get bigger, faster and stronger over the offseason and try to continue to learn the game even more.”
-VQ

"Oregon, USC, Wisconsin, Auburn and Tennessee have definitely been making me a priority in recruiting and it's been all good building those relationships during this period," Ferguson said. "Originally I wanted to be committed by the start of the season but obviously I don't really know when our season is going to start or when I'm going to be able to go on my officials. But as soon as things open up again, I'm going to try to get on my officials as soon as possible. I want everything to be done before the season still, if that can happen."

How many TE are we in on this year? This guy makes 4 or 5 right? Gonna be interesting to see who we end up taking out of this crop.

Four-star tight end Terrance Fergusonnarrowed his favorites to five in recent days and the next big step in his recruitment is coming up. The Littleton (Colo.) Heritage standout has not visited any of those schools yet and getting out on the road is going to be crucial as he inches closer to a decision.

Ferguson said he would like to take visits as soon as the coronavirus travel ban is lifted and he could wait into his senior season for trips but also he would consider making a commitment if that’s not possible by then.

Below, the four-star talks about each of his top schools:
Auburn: A big thing for me is coach (Chad) Morris. When he was the head coach at Arkansas he was the first person to offer me. He’s near and dear to my heart. I built a good relationship with coach (Larry) Porter so I have good relationships over there. The way coach Morris runs his offense, the tight end is featured a lot so that’s a big interest for me.

Tennessee: I’ve built pretty good relationships with coach (Joe Osovet) and coach (Brian) Niedermeyer. I’d say a big thing with them is they’re a big family atmosphere and my whole family has built a good relationship with them and they’re putting together a good class. Playing in the SEC is a big draw to me playing against the best players.

Oregon: Coach (Mario) Cristobal texts my family every day. We get on a call and by far I have the best relationship with him out of the head coaches. Coach (Bobby) Williams I have a good relationship with him. The way coach (Joe) Moorhead wants to use me in the offense, I really like that, and it’s been my dream school growing up. They have a really good family atmosphere.

USC: The whole staff I’ve built good relationships with. The way they want to use me and flex me out more, in that way, and in the past they’ve had some good tight ends that have put up a lot of numbers. That’s a big draw and then the networking of L.A. is a big draw, too.

Wisconsin: Coach (Mickey) Turner, my dad and I have built a good relationship with him. They’re always putting out tight ends so that’s a big draw.

- Adam Gorney, Rivals

Ok so I assume we wouldn't take Wolfe and Ferguson right? Which one is better?

Ok so I assume we wouldn't take Wolfe and Ferguson right? Which one is better?

Callahan literally said this guy is our back up plan for Wolfe

Tennessee still is recruiting Hudson Wolfe, too — he’s a bigger priority than Ferguson — and if the Vols can get Wolfe, they definitely would take him. Bell’s versatility gives them options.

That probably means Ferguson is a backup plan, but you never know how those things are going to work out.

-Callahan

Last edited:

VN Store

Back