'21 CO TE Gunnar Helm

Kid's got a nice highlight reel. Athletic, decent blocker and makes some really good catches on poorly-thrown balls (thrown behind him and at his shoelaces). I could see him growing into a really good college TE.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Kid's got a nice highlight reel. Athletic, decent blocker and makes some really good catches on poorly-thrown balls (thrown behind him and at his shoelaces). I could see him growing into a really good college TE.
Cheery creek high school always one of the best teams in state.

Reactions: Hacksaw
It’s like being the assistant TO the regional manager

lFq8aQ.gif

I love the wide net Ososvet is casting. They must really want that TE position to be more of a playmaker than third tackle. I know Pope is 10,000 times the blocker he came in being, and I hope Warren makes that jump, too. But until we find out what Lowe and Browne look like I’d say that spot is in desperate need of some athletic H-types.

“It feels great to get an offer from Tennessee,” Helm said. “The Southeastern Conference is the best conference in football. It definitely took me by surprise. I was really honored.” Recently promoted tight ends coach Joe Osovet tracked down the Cherry Creek High School standout over the weekend and was quick to pull the trigger. “Coach O said they take care of the players in their program. He said that they really value that I’m a dual-threat tight end,” Helm said. “I pride myself in blocking. It’s hard to find someone at the position that can do both. Usually, it’s either spread out or a downhill run type of offense. “He said my talents are special to find.”
“I love playing tight end. Coach O talked about Tennessee’s offense and how they are looking for guys who can spread out wide, but also put their hand in the dirt and get their nose dirty,” Helm said. “That’s my type of game and I’ve really grown in it recently.” The 2021 prospect has some Knoxville ties despite never visiting the city or campus. “I have some relatives who actually live in Knoxville. My whole life, they’ve been saying I needed to come down and play at Tennessee,” Helm said. “Little did I know I’d actually get that opportunity. “My sister lives in Tuscaloosa and attends Alabama. I know Tennessee plays them every year – so that would be pretty cool.” The Volunteers are the 16th offer for the Colorado native so far and join Auburn as the two SEC programs showing interest. “Auburn is up there. They text me all the time,” Helm said. “UCLA, Kansas State and Colorado are also high on me. Iowa State and Wisconsin are now, too.”
Helm also took part in the Under Armour All-American Camp in Los Angeles a few weekends ago and was toe-to-toe with elite competition. “It was a really cool experience; a five-hour day,” Helm said. “I went up against the No. 1 rated outside linebacker when I was there and other great athletes. It was awesome to compete against some of the best in the county.” The prospect made stops at Colorado and Arizona during the fall and plans to be at Tennessee for a spring practice. “I want to go to a good program with a good history,” Helm said. “I want a good education and a great game day atmosphere. It has to feel like home for me and I need to be a good fit in their offense, wherever I go.” Helm plans to sign in the early period and hopes to make a commitment
-VQ

Cheery creek high school always one of the best teams in state.

Would be the high school for Peyton if his kids decide to go to public school and continue to live in his current house.

John Elway's son was the QB a couple of years ago for Creek.

Would be the high school for Peyton if his kids decide to go to public school and continue to live in his current house.

That seals it. Vol.

Yes elway has lived in that area since he got traded to the Broncos. Pretty exclusive area plus the us open golf tournament played at country club in the past

VN Store

Back