CNNSI: 10 Defining Football Games in 08 (doesn't include UT/Florida or UT/Georgia)

WA_Vol

CNNSI (Mandell) Ten defining games in 2008 - Stewart Mandel - SI.com

10 defining Games 08

1. Ohio State at USC, Sept. 13.
2. Florida vs. Georgia, Nov. 1.
3. Georgia at Arizona State, Sept. 20.
4. Oklahoma vs. Texas, Oct. 11.
5. Ohio State at Wisconsin, Oct. 4.
6. LSU at Auburn, Sept. 20.
7. Texas at Texas Tech, Nov. 1.
8. Missouri vs. Kansas, Nov. 29.
9. Auburn at West Virginia, Oct. 23.
10. BYU at Utah, Nov. 22.

What happened to UT vs Florida deciding the SEC? :cray:

If we want respect, we are going to have to earn it.

Beginning the work of redefining their list for them in September is our team's job. And Georgia / AZ State? Huh?

The ABC media stroking before that Ohio State/ USC game might actually out do the stroking that went on pre 2006 OSU Michigan.

I'm already tired of hearing about it.

I can see the ESPN Special Interest stories now.

i've been over this and over this for a while now.

if you really want to be part of that mix again, then our games past 9-20 are going to have to mean something.

you wanna know why no one cares about UT/GA or UT/Bama or UT/Auburn.......because it's assumed we're going to lose to FL.......so what's the point?

beat Florida and every game on our schedule automatically becomes more important.

Yeah we got to throw florida a beating. we may slide by and win but to get attention we need to throw them a beating! first off for revenge of last year, second we all hate floridiots, we are ''underdog'' anyways. it puts pressure on georgia, we hate florida some more.lol. we got to start opening some eyes. and then when we have the attention tell espn to hold one in their mouth.

Yeah we got to throw florida a beating. we may slide by and win but to get attention we need to throw them a beating! first off for revenge of last year, second we all hate floridiots, we are ''underdog'' anyways. it puts pressure on georgia, we hate florida some more.lol. we got to start opening some eyes. and then when we have the attention tell espn to hold one in their mouth.

Every year I get this same giddy feeling that I feel in your post. Each year we get our asses handed to us one way (-11 rushing yards in 2006, offensive line got smacked around) or another (2007, pretty obvious) and I just get deflated and have a bad week.

Something's gotta give.

Georgia going out west for the first time in a long, long time against Dennis Erickson and Co. no less is a pretty big deal. Especially since Georgia is the media darling heading into the preseason.

Georgia going out west for the first time in a long, long time against Dennis Erickson and Co. no less is a pretty big deal. Especially since Georgia is the media darling heading into the preseason.

Normally I would pull for UGA...you know...it being an SEC team and a meeting of two unbeatens in October would be huge for us....

But with the way the media has treated them....I would love nothing more than to see them get torched...

So either way I'll be happy with the outcome of that game

Tennessee has to gain the respect to be mentioned in those top 10 type lists. Over the last few years Tennessee has lost most of the big-time hyped games.

With UGA and Florida both being preseason top 5 this year, it is obvious that the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party will be the #1 game in the SEC this year. Florida-Tennessee will be huge and will provide an early indicator of the outcome of the SEC East. Tennessee must win that game to be included in the elite status in the SEC.

Normally I would pull for UGA...you know...it being an SEC team and a meeting of two unbeatens in October would be huge for us....

But with the way the media has treated them....I would love nothing more than to see them get torched...

So either way I'll be happy with the outcome of that game

The only out of conference game I will not be rooting for a SEC team in is the Clemson-Bama game. I hope Bama gets boot stomped.

The only out of conference game I will not be rooting for a SEC team in is the Clemson-Bama game. I hope Bama gets boot stomped.

This is a tough one for me. Yes, it's Bama, but I live in Clemson country and some of theirs snub their nose at the SEC. Additionally, many of them have already proclaimed that they will beat Bama by at least 2 TDs. Hard to ever pull for Bama, but to have Clemson hold this over the head of the SEC all year will be tough. Maybe the game will be cancelled.

This is a tough one for me. Yes, it's Bama, but I live in Clemson country and some of theirs snub their nose at the SEC. Additionally, many of them have already proclaimed that they will beat Bama by at least 2 TDs. Hard to ever pull for Bama, but to have Clemson hold this over the head of the SEC all year will be tough. Maybe the game will be cancelled.

What about if Clemson beats Bama, but SC lays into Clemson?

Maybe Bama will go 4-8 :crossfingers: and you can just say "so what, Bama was a bottom feeder" This would be the best scenario IMO

10 years without even an SEC championship!!! Thats why our games do not matter to the national media as much as they have in the past. Lets win one of those and then we will start getting talking about like we did 10 years ago. I agree with Smokey on the BYU/Utah game...who outside of the state of Utah (besides degenerate gamblers) cares about that one.

VN Store

Back