Clock management

southpaw75

We always squander time at the end of the half, heck even at the end of the 3rd quarter. Are we the only ones who know how desperately we’ll need it later? Just not thinking.

We always squander time at the end of the half, heck even at the end of the 3rd quarter. Are we the only ones who know how desperately we’ll need it later? Just not thinking.
No urgency from this staff. Down 2 scores and 2 minutes left. No hurry up offense. No spiking to kill clock. Passes in bounds. I know better than that.

No urgency from this staff. Down 2 scores and 2 minutes left. No hurry up offense. No spiking to kill clock. Passes in bounds. I know better than that.
Didn’t you see that JG was not the QB then - so that means the coaches didn’t think we had a chance to win. They are blinded and stubborn in their approach.
a QB change in first half might have sparked the team. Instead they wait until the game is out of reach. I’ve beyond apathy for the Vols any more

Didn’t you see that JG was not the QB then - so that means the coaches didn’t think we had a chance to win. They are blinded and stubborn in their approach.
a QB change in first half might have sparked the team. Instead they wait until the game is out of reach. I’ve beyond apathy for the Vols any more
It doesn't matter if JG is the qb. 2 minute offense should be ran down 2 scores with 2 minutes left.

They don't trust JG. That was obvious before the half and even more so in the 2nd half after the pick. How on EARTH does a guy get to be a RS Sr and stare a receiver down like he did on that pick 6?

As I’ve been saying for three years, Pruitt’s game management skills are atrocious.

Will someone who was played football at this level answer a question:
Is it standard to practice a hurry-up offense/ 2 minute drill on a routine basis? We seem so befuddled in critical time situations like we haven’t thought through possible scenarios.

VN Store

Back