Climate Change Report

The best data we have may be leading us down the wrong path. A broken compass may be the best data you have out in the woods.
It's still the wisest course of action to base your decisions on the best data available.

How should I know? I'm not a climatologist. I just know that the vast majority of the world's best climatologist seem to be in agreement. Deferring to their expertise seems the wisest option. What's the alternative? Ignore them and hope that they're wrong?
Chill, man. No need to bunch up your panties.

Do you always defer to those who know more than you or is your deferral situational?

Reactions: AM64 and hog88
The best data we have may be leading us down the wrong path. A broken compass may be the best data you have out in the woods.
Moss on the north side of trees in the northern hemisphere and on the south side in the southern hemisphere. Now you know if your compass is broken or not.

Reactions: McDad
Good point. If the habital age of our plannet is 500M years and current observation is 200 years, that is a microscope sample size. Even ice cores going back 50,000 years are a blink in the geologic time.
Which is why we will continue to study and learn. If future study shows it was all a false alarm, we will adjust our course according to the newest data. If future study shows it is even worse than we thought, then we will either say "we should have done more" or "I'm glad we acted when we did".

Which is why we will continue to study and learn. If future study shows it was all a false alarm, we will adjust our course according to the newest data. If future study shows it is even worse than we thought, then we will either say "we should have done more" or "I'm glad we acted when we did".
Good. Observe until you die. Just dont make policy.

Reactions: AM64

We should never stop studying and trying to learn, we should never oppress people and wreck economies guessing on the answer.

Moss on the north side of trees in the northern hemisphere and on the south side in the southern hemisphere. Now you know if your compass is broken or not.

Not entirely accurate.

Tends to "mostly" grow on the north/south side. But isn't always the case.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Chill, man. No need to bunch up your panties.

Do you always defer to those who know more than you or is your deferral situational?
lol......I'm about as chilled as it gets.
My deferrals are situational, but the situation almost always dictates deferral.

Shhh! Mick might be trying orienteering this weekend.

Actually, it's a good lesson.

The more you hear something, the more "true" it becomes.

Or...

Not everything you hear is true. Sometimes data exists that dispels a commonly held belief.

VN Store

Back