Clemson @ Wake

Jaytrain5

Anybody else watching this one?

It's 3-0, Wake, with just over a minute to go in the half. It should probably be closer to 17-0. Clemson has been downright awful, but the Deacs have collapsed inside the Clemson redzone.

Wake's offense seems to have a CPF feel to it.

Between the 20s, the Deacs look unstoppable against Clemson...but they're just not getting into the endzone And, with Swank out, Wake doesn't have a reliable place kicker.

This is actually an entertaining 4th quarter. Clemson took its first lead at 7-3, Wake cut it to 7-6, and now they're inside the Clemson 20 with just over 6 minutes to go.

As opposed to the excitement we experience in the AU - TN game; especially that 4th quarter.

Give me a LSU-Florida game or a OU-Texas game anytime. The 2 best teams in the ACC perhaps, and it looks like a couple of mid-majors playing.

I'm impressed that Wake Forest was able to execute John Chavis' Mustang package to perfection on that 4th and 17. That was textbook.

Give me a LSU-Florida game or a OU-Texas game anytime. The 2 best teams in the ACC perhaps, and it looks like a couple of mid-majors playing.

I am just messing with you. Have you ever been to an ACC school on gameday and watched a game? There is no comparison to the excitement of the SEC.

I continue to be impressed by Jim Grobe. The guy just keeps getting it done at Wake.

And Tommy Bowden will be fired wow clemson season is reminding me of our 05 season supposed to be good but turns out really bad

I am just messing with you. Have you ever been to an ACC school on gameday and watched a game? There is no comparison to the excitement of the SEC.

yeah it's not the same...next thurs night I'm going to the NCSU/F$U game in Raleigh

Bad game. Terrible execution by both teams. Wake should have run away with the game in the first quarter. Clemson didn't have CJ Spiller to bail us out like he's done so many times.

I'm not sure Bowden gets fired this week, but an embarrassing loss next weeked vs. Georgia Tech and that might do it.

Wake's offense seems to have a CPF feel to it.
really? i got that feeling looking at Clemson's offense.....and i couldn't help but think "no wonder Phil wanted Spence so bad". Clemson's offense was horrible. poor offensive line play, no run blocking and Harper was off just about all night. their skill position people just didn't look impressive at all. Not crisp. no fire.
this ones a freakin sleeper
eh, maybe, i flipped thru it all night, but I like good defensive games and this was one of those. both defenses made plays.

that said, i was more impressed with Wake's D. they executed pretty well all night long except on that 4th down and 17 in the 4th qtr. but by and large, they tackled well, played their assignments and really frustrated Clemson's offense. add to that, Clemson made very few adjustments and had zero answers.

now, for Wake's offense, they were unbelievable between the 20's. but their weakness was exposed in the red zone. in space their spread works very well, on a short feild where they have to run more traditional plays, and it cuts down on the space the Clemson defense had to be responsible for, they struggled.

special teams blunders by Wake is uncharacteristic as well.

all in all, Grobe out coached Bowden badly.

i really like wiht Grobe has done in Winston Salem. a really good coach.

VN Store

Back