Clay Travis expects a '95 Alabama style beating of Florida

Were any of y’all in Birmingham for that game? I was a senior in high school watching on TV. What was the atmosphere like? What was the feeling before the game? Did UT fans feel confident? Was it kinda like this year…we SHOULD win, but apprehensive about a “curse”?

I remember feeling fairly confident about it, but wasn’t there to gauge the fan feeling. And there was no social media.

Reactions: TnScooby
Didn’t Trey basically get blacklisted for leaking all that? Or was it more the local media guys getting pissed at him?
Not that I know of. People just got pissy that it caused turmoil within the program and that they didn’t break it first.. but it was going to come out regardless.

The people over at the sports animal and some of the more conservative media outlets have always looked down on Fox Sports Knoxville crew.

Were any of y’all in Birmingham for that game? I was a senior in high school watching on TV. What was the atmosphere like? What was the feeling before the game? Did UT fans feel confident? Was it kinda like this year…we SHOULD win, but apprehensive about a “curse”?

I remember feeling fairly confident about it, but wasn’t there to gauge the fan feeling. And there was no social media.
i was at the game, felt confident but weary should have won in 93 and 94 but was snake bit. After first play, which i shoved my smaller friend down during play, he never saw it. I felt very confident. Atmosphere was electric in Birmingham.

We just need to smack those guys in the mouth and show them we aren't afraid of them...Seems UT teams in the past have had the shakes when it came to FU...That needs to STOP right now and go out there and absolutely destroy thier asses!...About time our boys took a whiz on our turf and claimed it as thiers for a change.

That sucks. Clay is wrong about everything.
For some reason (no idea why), when I saw Clay Travis I was thinking he broke the Pruitt mess, but as someone correctly pointed out, that was Trey Wallace. My apologies for incorrectly replying to your post earlier. GO VOLS

I was there. We were wondering what new way we were going to find to lose to Alabama, because we'd done it in just about every painful way possible over the years coming into the game.

Reactions: NighthawkVol

I was there. I think there was a quiet confidence, but the way that game started Bama fans had no idea what had just hit them and Tennessee fans were almost as shocked. Then just when they started thinking they had some momentum and the crowd was back in it, Jay Graham broke off an 80 yard run to break their spirit and the beatdown was on. As we were leaving several Bama fans were asking how in the world we had lost to UF.

Reactions: NighthawkVol

VN Store

Back