Classic Bama arrogance

Doesnt strike me as arrogance, but definitely dont think you can qualify it as a rebuild year.

I agree that if they won they wpuldnt call it a rebuild year. It was definitely a year they built on, but not a rebuild.

IIRC it was a year of relatively little staff turnover. Cant think of any big transfers out before the season. They lost their WRs during the season, and one in the final game, hard to claim that as a rebuild. Not sure what other injuries they dealt with but it certainly wasnt as bad as what some teams faced. LSU had fewer scholarship players than an NFL roster by the end of the season. In years past it seems like we have lost 5 or 6 players from one position group, including the starters. Or we were converting LBs into DTs or something ridiculous. Bama didnt face that.

I think they just faced a normal year after being good/lucky/stable for so long. But that's not a rebuild.

Reactions: RockyTop140
I'm not sure what your point is. Because Alabama had the Heisman winner means that they couldn't possibly be rebuilding?
When he said it he knew it would make national headlines. If was truly a “rebuilding year” why didn’t he say anything about it until now. No, more likely it wasn’t a rebuilding year and he just got out coached and out prepared in the most important game of the year against a team his program had just waxed a few weeks earlier. Hmmmm…I think He said it because he can’t go 10 seconds without the spotlight. Just like you can’t go 10 seconds without appearing on here to defend his honor at every perceived slight (ie people in here not worshiping the dude).

Reactions: RockyTop140
I’ve heard from Bama fans for years say that “they don’t rebuild, they reload.” And it’s true, they have multiple 5 stars at every position. Rebuilding insinuates that the depth chart is missing pieces. Every team has to replace players every season. And Bama has to do that too, except they have 3 guys who would start at most SEC schools at one position in their depth chart. I just think it was a ridiculous comment and Saban comes off as an arrogant prick.
I hate that this is the case, but I don't think Saban actually has an exaggerated sense of his own ability. He actually is that good.

1659717865849.png

Reactions: Lawrence Wright
Bama would have most likely beat Ga if they hadn’t suffered injuries to their 2 top WRs. Bama was in the red zone all night, just didn’t have players to get open to score & they couldn’t blow Ga off the ball to run it in.

VN Store

Back