Classic Bama arrogance

RockyTop140

Can Saban remind me which team had a 5’10” former walk on qb and which team had the heisman? Lol, what an arrogant prick.
AC7F6979-68B5-4327-8DC7-2FC3C9D74A1C.jpeg

I'm not sure what your point is. Because Alabama had the Heisman winner means that they couldn't possibly be rebuilding?

Reactions: igotworms
I'm not sure what your point is. Because Alabama had the Heisman winner means that they couldn't possibly be rebuilding?
It’s arrogant. And give me a break, I just used that as an example. Bama has consistently recruited at a top 3 level for about a decade. There may be 3-4 teams in the country with the amount of talent Bama had last season. They did deal with injuries but that doesn’t make it a rebuilding year. With Sabans logic every year they don’t win the natty is a rebuilding year. Just stupid

For Alabama, it was a rebuilding year.

For everyone else, it’s a magical national title run.

That’s not arrogance, it’s where Alabama is relative to the rest of us mortals.
Every year Bama doesn’t win the championship doesn’t make it a “rebuilding” year. They got beat by a team with one of the best defenses I’ve seen in my lifetime.

Reactions: jaybird_1981
It’s arrogant. There may be 3-4 teams in the country with the amount of talent Bama had last season. They did deal with injuries but that doesn’t make it a rebuilding year. With Sabans logic every year they don’t win the natty is a rebuilding year. Just stupid

Forget the injuries. Look how little production Bama returned from the year before. 2020 was the most senior-laden team that Saban has had in about a decade.

Yes, Bama has a ton of talent on the depth chart. But last year that talent didn't have a lot of experience, and it showed at times. Once the injuries set in that became pretty glaring.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lawrence Wright
Every year Bama doesn’t win the championship doesn’t make it a “rebuilding” year. They got beat by a team with one of the best defenses I’ve seen in my lifetime.

It’s possible to make a CFP run during a rebuilding year, if you’re Alabama.

Bama’s offense was mostly rebuilt from the previous year, with less depth and firepower at the skill positions, Bryce being the exception. They looked mortal at times, most notably against UF in Gainesville.

I get you guys hate Alabama, but their 2021 team would get squashed by their 2020 team.

Last edited:
Forget the injuries. Look how little production Bama lost from the year before. 2020 was the most senior-laden team that Saban has had in about a decade.

Yes, Bama has a ton of talent on the depth chart. But last year that talent didn't have a lot of experience, and it showed at times. Once the injuries set in that became pretty glaring.
Experience is important, but Bama beat Georgia in the SEC championship and played closely with them in the national championship. Georgias defense was full of experienced upper classmen and they’ve been raking in high ranked classes at the level of Bama for years now. Still, Bama went toe to toe with them. Saban had a lot to do with that, he’s a great coach. And imo, without the injuries Bama either wins or it’s a much closer 4th quarter. But certainly not a rebuilding year.

Experience is important, but Bama beat Georgia in the SEC championship and played closely with them in the national championship. Georgias defense was full of experienced upper classmen and they’ve been raking in high ranked classes at the level of Bama for years now. Still, Bama went toe to toe with them. Saban had a lot to do with that, he’s a great coach. And imo, without the injuries Bama either wins or it’s a much closer 4th quarter. But certainly not a rebuilding year.

That's fair. I think LW had it right: "rebuilding" is relative.

Bama’s offense was mostly rebuilt from the previous year, with less depth and firepower at the skill positions, with the exception of Bryce. They looked mortal at times, most notably against UF in Gainesville.
I’ve heard from Bama fans for years say that “they don’t rebuild, they reload.” And it’s true, they have multiple 5 stars at every position. Rebuilding insinuates that the depth chart is missing pieces. Every team has to replace players every season. And Bama has to do that too, except they have 3 guys who would start at most SEC schools at one position in their depth chart. I just think it was a ridiculous comment and Saban comes off as an arrogant prick.

I’ve heard from Bama fans for years say that “they don’t rebuild, they reload.” And it’s true, they have multiple 5 stars at every position. Rebuilding insinuates that the depth chart is missing pieces. Every team has to replace players every season. And Bama has to do that too, except they have 3 guys who would start at most SEC schools at one position in their depth chart. I just think it was a ridiculous comment and Saban comes off as an arrogant prick.

"Arrogance" is also relative.

Reactions: Firebirdparts
Would Saban be saying it was a rebuilding year had they won the championship? No. He’s saying it because he’s coping with the loss.

I'm not sure about that. He made similar comments about the 2015 team and they won the NC.

And he referred to depth and experience issues before and during the 2021 season as well. It wasn't like this was the first time that he's made any mention of it.

Reactions: berryvol

And I maintain Bama’s 2021 had missing pieces relative to the previous year’s team. The depth and production was not the same thing in spite of the talent level.

Bama’s 2021 offense didn’t have nearly the same amount of bullets as the year prior to consider it a reload, but that just my opinion.

Reactions: berryvol
Can Saban remind me which team had a 5’10” former walk on qb and which team had the heisman? Lol, what an arrogant prick.
View attachment 477699

We bragging on behalf of Georgia now?

Both teams got to where they are by using the same methods we are under NCAA investigation for. That’s really the only thing I care about with either of those two teams.

Bama’s offense was mostly rebuilt from the previous year, with less depth and firepower at the skill positions, Bryce being the exception. They looked mortal at times, most notably against UF in Gainesville.

I get you guys hate Alabama, but their 2021 team would get squashed by their 2020 team.
I will add this… UGA 2021 would have also gotten smacked by the 2020 Bama team and the 2019 LSU team. 2020 Bama vs 2019 LSU would be the game the of century.

Reactions: Firebirdparts
I don't know what some of you expect. The man is simply the best coach ever in the history of NCAA football. It is unfortunate we play his team every year. It is disheartening they are a traditional rival for us. But the facts are the facts. There is no one better as head coach than Nick Saban from the beginning of the sport to today.

I am tired of their dominance. But his perceived arrogance (or truth) is something we should emulate.

I don't know what some of you expect. The man is simply the best coach ever in the history of NCAA football. It is unfortunate we play his team every year. It is disheartening they are a traditional rival for us. But the facts are the facts. There is no one better as head coach than Nick Saban from the beginning of the sport to today.

I am tired of their dominance. But his perceived arrogance (or truth) is something we should emulate.

I hope The Hype can be just as arrogant in the future.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back