'19 **Class of 2019 Tennessee Commitments**

You know how many kids have won Mr. Football and State Championships, and never played another down of football after HS...the list is endless. It means nothing when it comes to playing COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

Let him go to Arkansas; I bet only you will care, because all the rest of us want to see Owen Pappoe and Henry To'oto'o in orange, bro.

Just a comparison:
5*, Owen Pappoe, is the #11 rated player in the country, overall. He is the #1 rated OLB in the country, and the #3 rated prospect from the state of Georgia.

5*, Henry To'oto'o, is the #40 rated player in the country, overall. He is the #2 rated OLB in the country, and the #5 rated prospect from the state of California.

2*, Christopher Russell, is the #2540 rated player in the country. He is the #119 rated ILB in the country, and the #81 rated prospect from the state of TN.

See the difference?

Again, no offense to Mr. Russell; but, think about what you are saying! Butch Jones is no longer coaching and recruiting here. We are now going after the best football players in America, to be able to play against the Bama's and UGA's of the world...who are recruiting and signing the best football players in America.

Who going to beat the barn's bagman?

Consider this talent infusion for 2019:

Last year JJ Peterson was the jewel of our class, but because of academic issues, got to school the day before the season kicked off and couldn't make an impact.
Greg Emerson was our third highest rated player (JJ Peterson, Alontae Taylor) but was coming off a catastrophic leg injury that cost him his senior year of high school.

Both players will have spent significant time under Fitzgerald's guidance and should both be primed for significant playing time.

On top of that, we are strong favorites to bring in three players at premium positions (pass protectors & a pass rusher) more highly rated than our highest rated recruit last year.

Those are 5 blue chip players out of need and necessity that should see significant (if not starting) playing time. Guys we can build around.

Not bad for a staff coming off a 5-7 season, embarrassing end of the season performances, and missing an offensive coordinator.

Are we going to address that Gray is labeled commit 12/19/18?? Which is tomorrow. Can I boom or what?

Someone can fact check this, but I would venture to guess there are very few other teams that have our record from last season that are recruiting at this level. Last I checked, Arkansas is the only one.

Someone can fact check this, but I would venture to guess there are very few other teams that have our record from last season that are recruiting at this level. Last I checked, Arkansas is the only one. [VIDEO=][/VIDEO]

Someone can fact check this, but I would venture to guess there are very few other teams that have our record from last season that are recruiting at this level. Last I checked, Arkansas is the only one.
Arkansas isn’t recruiting on the level we are imo. Just because you take 27 commits doesn’t mean they are doing better than us. Plus their class is ranked below ours. They went the butch route with quantity over quality.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Someone can fact check this, but I would venture to guess there are very few other teams that have our record from last season that are recruiting at this level. Last I checked, Arkansas is the only one. [VIDEO=][/VIDEO]

Florida State comes to mind...

Ole Miss, USC, and Nebraska aren't too far behind us in recruiting right now, either. Hopefully we'll end up with Gray, Wright, and Crouch, and we should end up on top of any team with a comparable record.

Go Vols!
Hopefully we keep the 3 that haven’t signed as well. This class imo isn’t gonna be ranked in the top 10 but it’s a “needs” class. O-line specifically.

Are neither of our JUCO dlineman going to enroll early? We really will be counting on them to contribute next year. Wish they would be able to participate in spring practice.

Are neither of our JUCO dlineman going to enroll early? We really will be counting on them to contribute next year. Wish they would be able to participate in spring practice.
I don’t know but I found what Pruitt said kinda interesting.

“With 17 spots, we’ve obviously still got a few spots to fill. Signing day goes all the way through Friday, so there’s other guys that’ll be out there that could possibly land here. You have a really good idea of where you’re at when you go out on the 11th, so everyone is going to start junior recruiting for the 2020 class. I think with the recruiting calendar, you have to do that.”

I reviewed the 2019 recruits from the state of Tennessee and was surprised at what I saw. There are thirteen 4-star recruits all who have verbally committed. Tennessee has only one of the thirteen. Do we have any solid chances to flip any of these recruits ?

Not surprised. Take in to account that Memphis area align more with Ole Miss Bama & Miss State than Knoxville
Not often that we get much success in Memphis. Cedric Wilson, Dan Williams & Banks

Not surprised. Take in to account that Memphis area align more with Ole Miss Bama & Miss State than Knoxville
Not often that we get much success in Memphis. Cedric Wilson, Dan Williams & Banks
Cedric Wilson was so good. One of my favorite VOLS

Need to finish strong. Question, at one point last year Crouch was ranked as high as #1 overall and 5 star. Did he have injury this season? If he indeed signs along with Wright on NSD I will be very satisfied

Reactions: Wickman

VN Store

Back