CKC Getting It Done

A little background for those who might have missed it! There was a back story behind Kim’s response to Adams question we are talking about. After rumors surfaced about Kim, Adams had penned a “cute” story about how ridiculous hiring an unproven inexperienced coach would be and he completely discounted its validity. But it did come to pass and at the press conference Kim was ready for him! His earlier article highly critical of Kim was fresh on her mind and I'm sure Adams was pointed out to her in advance! And she put him in his place and simply moved on! When it happened I clapped my hands and said atta way to go Coach!
as did I

If Coach Kim can recruit the HS ranks as well as she has done the portal, and I'm betting she can, then we can count on having good depth and well developed players. Just look at the current status of the TN sports programs overall this season, competing for SEC and national titles in multiple sports, both men's and women's. You can bet Kim wants to join the party.
Ah!... a true believer... nice... good post

Reactions: chuckiepoo
A little background for those who might have missed it! There was a back story behind Kim’s response to Adams question we are talking about. After rumors surfaced about Kim, Adams had penned a “cute” story about how ridiculous hiring an unproven inexperienced coach would be and he completely discounted its validity. But it did come to pass and at the press conference Kim was ready for him! His earlier article highly critical of Kim was fresh on her mind and I'm sure Adams was pointed out to her in advance! And she put him in his place and simply moved on! When it happened I clapped my hands and said atta way to go Coach!
CKC is going to put a lot of people in their place...

I apologize. I guess I snapped. Did better my second attempt: #19. Have a good day.
You're very kind, but I don't think I'm deserving of an apology. I actually came at you pretty hard, said a lot of things that, in retrospect, would have been better left mute. So, please consider your apology reciprocated.

The beginning and end of this, going back to the infamous April, Big Question thread, is that I obviously failed to make clear - or surely not clear enough - that (I felt) that the enormous dislike for John Adams, rather than the actual question, fueled the "she got him" victory march. My thinking, then, and now, is that Cora Hall's "what makes you think you're qualified to lead this storied program?" (an obvious paraphrase) question was every bit as aggressive as was the tweaking question by Adams. To be clear, I think John's question, and Cora's were equally fair, and I sincerely hope that Kim Caldwell wasn't taken aback by either. If so, then a few extra layers of skin will serve her well going forward.

Having said all this, I am personally elated to have the beautiful West Virginia gal represent this storied program; and not because I think her Ladies will run faster or jump higher (though, surely they will) but because I think she will never fail to put her players, her team, and her God, first. We should ask for nothing more. OK, OK, perhaps a few Championships.

Cheers.

What did Adams ask? “Will you have to tweak your system or will it work in the SEC?” Kim answered “if I didn’t think it would work I wouldn’t be here!” Next question!

VN Store

Back