CJP and year 1..

WestTnHawk

Black, Orange, & White
Hi everyone! Believe it or not, this is my first thread! I'm excited to have this new opportunity. I look to share with fellow Vols and try to, at least, play a devil's advocate.

First, I will pass judgement on JP after the Florida game. While I'm not happy with the hire, I have become less apathetic. I think we can all agree if he's as good as we hope, his staff included, they'll find a way to win that game.

Second, What is your floor for next season? What is the lowest win total you can stomach before you think we're in trouble? I think we can win 8 games every year. Next year is difficult for an established HC, can CJP get the Ws he needs?

I look forward to your comments! Go Vols ya scallawags! :rock::rock:

Reactions: 1 person
6-6 and a bowl game and I'll call year one a success, especially if we can upset WVU week one.

Reactions: 10 people
Your negative attitude is exactly what he talked about. Get out. Pruitt is gonna build this place back up.

Reactions: 13 people
Hi everyone! Believe it or not, this is my first thread! I'm excited to have this new opportunity. I look to share with fellow Vols and try to, at least, play a devil's advocate.

First, I will pass judgement on JP after the Florida game. While I'm not happy with the hire, I have become less apathetic. I think we can all agree if he's as good as we hope, his staff included, they'll find a way to win that game.

Second, What is your floor for next season? What is the lowest win total you can stomach before you think we're in trouble? I think we can win 8 games every year. Next year is difficult for an established HC, can CJP get the Ws he needs?

Go on somewhere you loony beav.

Reactions: 2 people
We will be awful next year... Not because of our coach.. We have very few difference makers on the roster and not the right players to run a 3-4 defense. Look for significant improvement perhaps 7 wins in year 2

Uhmmmm I’m Debbie Downer and I need a job and I wanted Bill Belicheck to be the coach and Satan to be the OC and I wanted Brett Fabre as the QB ......Headlines Budddd. All in or get out. You stand here with one foot in for him and one foot out. Go jump on the Bamawagon

We will be awful next year... Not because of our coach.. We have very few difference makers on the roster and not the right players to run a 3-4 defense. Look for significant improvement perhaps 7 wins in year 2

We have enough on the roster to win 8. That's why I think we learn a lot about CJP's potential in year 1.

Anything less than a National Championship and we riot!!

We are not afraid to burn things!!

it's a 1st year. expect a mixed bag. go to a bowl and move on to the real work of developing a roster.

He said we would not run a 3-4 defense if it does not fit our current personnel. I really liked his statements regarding playing the best players and molding the scheme to our personnel. That is a concept we have been preaching about and wishing Butch would have adopted for years.

Reactions: 7 people
I was skeptical when Pruitt's name was first mentioned but the more I've read about him I love this hire and his staff hires to this point too. I'm with you in thinking 8 wins this year is definitely possible with this staff. I think 6-6 is the floor. This team has plenty of talent. There's no reason we shouldn't be bowl eligible and I'd definitely lose some confidence if We're 5-7 or worse

Reactions: 3 people

We're not running a 3-4. And we have a lot of talent. Just needs to be brought along. Not to mention competent play calling on both sides and game management

Uhmmmm I’m Debbie Downer and I need a job and I wanted Bill Belicheck to be the coach and Satan to be the OC and I wanted Brett Fabre as the QB ......Headlines Budddd. All in or get out. You stand here with one foot in for him and one foot out. Go jump on the Bamawagon

My loyalties lie with the kingdom sir, I've been invested in this university long enough to have earned my cynic stripes. Go join a political party if you wanna follow blindly!

We're not running a 3-4. And we have a lot of talent. Just needs to be brought along. Not to mention competent play calling on both sides and game management

Tell me who the difference makers are outside of Kelly/Chandler and Warrior and Maybe Kirkland? We do a stud in T Smith on the OL..

Last edited:
6-6 and a bowl game and I'll call year one a success, especially if we can upset WVU week one.

I think we lost games due to coaching. We are way better talent-wise than a lot of the teams we lost to. My point is, with the right coach, we will be better than 6-6 next year. Otherwise, something is wrong already.

Pruitt has our players tougher than Marines by the end of camp. Injured miraculously healed and everybody on board for WVa. New schemes improved technique across the board result in blow out win over WVa. Head into the Bama game at home undefeated. CJP and staff put together a game plan that leaves Bama crying all the way back to Tuscaloosa. UT wins SEC and National Championship games. CJP unanimous coach of the year. Dormady and Kelly co-Heisman winners...Tennessee's first and second. Oh yeah! VFL!

VN Store

Back