CJH first year.....

Guys, it's coaches first year and it was extremely exciting. Arguing that he should be the coach of the year when another team goes undefeated is rediculous. Especially with 5 loses. Most fans that think he should have been given the award are also the ones that cry, bitch and moan that we should have beat, Pitt, Fla, Ms, Ga, Al...blah blah blah....if you think we should have won well then - isn't that on the coach... The same one that you want to give the award to? Ya'll are crossing things up here.
Coach is gonna be good, real good but it takes time. He will get his shot, he must recruit. I repeat, he must recruit in order to compete at the highest level and that is what we all want to see happen.
Need to calm the tits and let's start the train a rollin'!!

It’s almost like you read a thread and instead of simply hitting reply made a whole new thread addressing that threads topic. Wild

Maybe there is a second team all SEC coach award....I don't get it. Every team has injuries/transfers/bad ref days/etc... ga crushed everyone on their schedule. everyone else....not so much...
give credit where it is due.
As he should have. With the talent they had and the fact that their schedule was actually a cake walk beside Bama ( which they lost) they should have beaten everyone pretty easily. I give them credit on what they accomplished but to act like Smart did something amazing is a stretch. He barely beat a horrible Clemson team and then choked against Bama again. They are a great team but how many coaches in the country could do the same with his roster compared to ours? That answers the question.

Maybe there is a second team all SEC coach award....I don't get it. Every team has injuries/transfers/bad ref days/etc... ga crushed everyone on their schedule. everyone else....not so much...
give credit where it is due.
As he should have. With the talent they had and the fact that their schedule was actually a cake walk beside Bama ( which they lost) they should have beaten everyone pretty easily. I give them credit on what they accomplished but to act like Smart did something amazing is a stretch. He barely beat a horrible Clemson team and then choked against Bama again. They are a great team but how many coaches in the country could do the same with his roster compared to ours? That answers the question.

Isn't part of the coaching job recruiting???? Everyone acts like it's no big deal. That's what gets coaches fired. RECRUITING/STACKING TALENT is 75% OF COACHING. Give him credit or not...comeon

In all fairness, most of us thought UT would be 6-6 or 7-5. JH did not do a whole lot more than what we expected. He just gave us a lot more exciting games, but W-L was about what we thought.
Would have been different if we had beat Ole Miss or Pitt, but we didn't.

IMO, Kiffin was more deserving than Smart or JH.

What exactly do you disagree with? This will be interesting...
Where do you want us to start.. A coach whose team has won more than 10 games all but 2 years of his coaching career vs a coach whose team was in shambles and couldn't score a td for anything and winning 3 games to winning 7 and scoring td's at a drop of a hat. A coach that has multiple 4 and 5 star players on the bench vs a coach whose team had less scholarship players to play above their ability. Do you want me to continue of why we think CJH should have won the COY over CKS. Sometimes it isn't about the wins and losses vs how the team has changed and performed but most people look at w's instead on a loaded roster. "some were born on third and think they hit a triple" CJH.

Where do you want us to start.. A coach whose team has won more than 10 games all but 2 years of his coaching career vs a coach whose team was in shambles and couldn't score a td for anything and winning 3 games to winning 7 and scoring td's at a drop of a hat. A coach that has multiple 4 and 5 star players on the bench vs a coach whose team had less scholarship players to play above their ability. Do you want me to continue of why we think CJH should have won the COY over CKS. Sometimes it isn't about the wins and losses vs how the team has changed and performed but most people look at w's instead on a loaded roster. "some were born on third and think they hit a triple" CJH.

Going undefeated in an SEC season - 12 games - is greater than taking a down team and lifting them up in the eyes of the voters. What did we win this season? HOPE that is what and it is a great thing but it aint undefeated season. That is something to hang on the wall.

just how do you think the present Vols are perceived by the coaches of the rest of the bowl eligible teams. It's my humble opinion that there are only a few (4 or 5) who would step up and say bring on the Vols. Though not ranked in the top twenty, I would venture that the Vols would be favored in about 15 of those matchups--especially the Big 10 slugs! Flame away!

Guys, it's coaches first year and it was extremely exciting. Arguing that he should be the coach of the year when another team goes undefeated is rediculous. Especially with 5 loses. Most fans that think he should have been given the award are also the ones that cry, bitch and moan that we should have beat, Pitt, Fla, Ms, Ga, Al...blah blah blah....if you think we should have won well then - isn't that on the coach... The same one that you want to give the award to? Ya'll are crossing things up here.
Coach is gonna be good, real good but it takes time. He will get his shot, he must recruit. I repeat, he must recruit in order to compete at the highest level and that is what we all want to see happen.
Need to calm the tits and let's start the train a rollin'!!

Only Pitt and Ole Miss are on the table for possible wins. Don't get carried away. Ole Miss and the flopping is what it is, Pitt, Hendon should have started the game. It is what is. Next season should be better as we can hope.

Last edited:
Going undefeated in an SEC season - 12 games - is greater than taking a down team and lifting them up in the eyes of the voters. What did we win this season? HOPE that is what and it is a great thing but it aint undefeated season. That is something to hang on the wall.
Yes I agree that undefeated is a great accomplishment but look at the beginning of the season. Who thought TN would have done what they did. GA was predicted to go to the playoffs. CJH didn't lift up the team in the eyes of the voters he done it on the field too. I'm not taking anything from GA, they are a good team and have a great coach but they did what they were expected to do TN done more than what was expected and predicted. The only thing GA and Smart didn't do was beat Bama as they were predicted. I firmly believe you take Smart out and put in any other good coach and they would have still performed the same way. You take Heupel out of TN and we would be worse than we were. So my question is should the COY award go to who's done what they were expected to do or go to someone who done more than expected?

Coach Heupel is a positive thinker. Some Coaches looked at Tennessee and saw problems. Heupel saw opportunities. He sets a good example for the players -- and the fans. He seems to know his business. Chalk me up in the Approve column.

VN Store

Back