CJ Watson NBA Debut

CJ is 1-2 from the field, 2-2 from the charity stripe so far (4 points, 2 assists, and 1 rebound in the 3rd quarter).

Tomorrow is the moment of truth for CJ. The Warriors have to either release him or sign him for the rest of the season.

Man, that's big time on the nerves. I've read they are looking at signing Webber, I wonder what their cap situation is looking like?

Man, that's big time on the nerves. I've read they are looking at signing Webber, I wonder what their cap situation is looking like?
Nellie lobbying for C Webb to be brought in is roughly akin to PJ telling Sonics management to call Spree about coming to Seattle. Desperation makes for strange bedfellows.

Very true. I meant to include how the signing of Webber might mean the end for Watson. Obviously they play different positions but I'm wondering if they have space under the cap for both.

RealGM: Wiretap Archives: Warriors To Ink Watson For Remainder Of Season

Looking for a better link because I didn't see this anywhere on the Oakland Tribune's website.

2227526120_7f574ffe40_o.jpg

ReviewJournal.com - Sports - C.J. WATSON: Warrior mentality pays

Nothing new, but a couple quotes:

Nelson said: "He understands the game and plays under control, which is not typical of most young players. ... He's done a better-than-expected job of providing a little rest to our big-minute players like Baron and Monta (Ellis)."

Nelson told him to be himself, Watson said, and for the first time since playing at Gorman (High School), he feels as though he has total freedom on the court.

"I never worry about making a mistake," Watson said. "I know Coach Nelson has complete confidence in me."

VN Store

Back