CJ Fayton resigned as Tennessee's Vol For Life coordinator

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member

According to Swain, he left to pursue other career opportunities.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sara Clark
Think I remember someone posting here it was somewhere in the $30,000 a year neighborhood.

How about replacing him with Inky Johnson. A true VFL.
Definitely agree...but looking at above posted salary for CJ @ $65K, if that's right, it looks like Inky could pull that in with 3-4 motivational talks...
Inky Johnson

• Inspirational Speaker
    • Former UT Football Player Tackled and Sustained Life-Threatening Injuries

Fee Range
$15,000 - $20,000
Travels From
Georgia

Reactions: CPA and Volatility
If this is going to be of importance to the program, they need to pay a higher salary or else it will continue to be a revolving door.

I don’t think it being a temporary type job (2-3 years ) is necessarily a bad thing in this case , it allows a lot of former Vols to be more active in the program if they desire .

Per KNS:

The VFL program started under former UT football coach Derek Dooley to help players in the areas of character education, life skills, career development and spiritual growth.

Those sound like important things to me. Maybe UT should increase the responsibilities and salary to include things like fund-raising and securing grants in those areas.

I don’t think it being a temporary type job (2-3 years ) is necessarily a bad thing in this case , it allows a lot of former Vols to be more active in the program if they desire .
I can see that point. Its also hard to get anything out of it when there is consistent turnover. University needs to put more resources behind this effort if its that important to them.

triple that salary and bring in Charles Davis as VFL Director, Assistant Athletic Director and Athletic Director in waiting; unless Phil is open to staying for a while.

Excellent idea.

I think Fulmer will be here for the long haul though. I don’t feel like Tennessee will have to push him out. When it’s time he’ll know and step aside hanging the keys to someone he’s had around and can run the show

Reactions: sport3500

VN Store

Back