Cigars

Powder and shot

Sounds like the Bummers are already smoking their cigars and everyone is ready to light them for the Crimson Turds! To hell with that! buck Fama and someone buy the Vols some Churchills.

serveimage

Exploding cigars are underated

How do Bama fans get away with smoking in the stadium? Surely, any other Saturday, a vol fan wouldn't be aloud to smoke in the stadium....at least to the extent Bama does.

Not saying I expect a win, but I am prepared if we should somehow manage to pull it off. I'll probably go Macanudo Cafe Prince of Wales, since it's the biggest cigar I have in the humidor right now.

Them exploding things that we used to put in cigarettes are a bad idea.. My daddy whupped my azz when I done that. Still funny tho

We did it to my mom at the beach one year. It was funny as hell until dad came in and said "Well boys, I guess we ain't going deep sea fishing in the morning, good night........"

I don't like their cigar tradition because it mean they won. I despise it because watching the smoke fill the air throughout the stadium and the smell is completely disgusting.

Reactions: TrentVol
The year was 1982. The Bear was 69 years of age and looking old. On the 3rd Saturday in October, Johnny took him down. We tore down the goal posts, carried them out onto Cumberland, and smoked cigars all night long. Three months later, the Bear died of a broken heart.

You know...Nicky is looking older than dirt. And, history does repeat itself.

story.png
Johnny.jpg
nick.jpg

Love the tradition. And yes I’m taking one to the game just in case.

If I'm not mistaken, their "tradition of smoking cigars after defeating UT" was started by their head trainer, a former UT guy by the name of Jim Goosetree. He was on the staff with perhaps Bryant's greatest assistant he ever had, another UT grad by the name of Ken Donahue, Bear's DC for many years.

Reactions: BackwoodsMan
If I'm not mistaken, their "tradition of smoking cigars after defeating UT" was started by their head trainer, a former UT guy by the name of Jim Goosetree. He was on the staff with perhaps Bryant's greatest assistant he ever had, another UT grad by the name of Ken Donahue, Bear's DC for many years.
I get traditions and could get behind this one. But, my season tickets are on the visitors side, to say they smoke at the end of the game to celebrate a win is incorrect. They smoke cigars the entire damn game. If it were the last five minutes or so, I could care less, but that's not the case, they fire them up the first quarter and don't stop.

There is no smoking anything anywhere on campus this year, period. Not even in your own car.

We'll see how strictly that's enforced.

Traditions are easy to dislike, if you think we won't be the ones smoking, let's not trash our history and traditions just because..... Maybe, next year we'll be the ones smoking, hope we are this week.

General Neyland will whip your a$$ if you smoke around him
"Lindsey Nelson, the famous announcer and Tennessee graduate, was waiting for Neyland with two former Tennessee players after the 1952 Sugar Bowl, which the Vols had lost, 28-13, to Maryland.

One of the former players was smoking, and the minute Neyland came out of the dressing room, the player dropped the cigarette and stomped on it so Neyland wouldn't see him smoking. Nelson turned to the player and said, "You don't have to do that -- you don't play for him anymore." The player replied, "You know that, and I know that, but I don't think the General knows that."

VN Store

Back