Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

BEATBAMA12

(In before there's already one but can't find it, merge if necessary )

I enjoy cigars and pipe smoking, helps me curve my dipping habit.
Recently I moved from corncob (Missouri Meershaum ) pipes to briars and I still enjoy it, I like any Dumhill blend, depends what the occasion is , my favorite all around pipe tobacco is Dunhill Elizabethan , mild red and yellow Virginia with some burley loose cut , burns cool and smokes great out of a cob or briar pipe. I'm not big on arromattics , but I like Tinder box Wilshire blend and Blue Note.

Cigars? I have only tried about 15 different brands, there's hundreds out there, Camacho Barrel Aged is my favorite when I can afford one, the best all around for me is Arturo Fuente, any size is fine as long as it's nothing larger than a 60 gauge, Hemmingway by Fuente is great for beginners.
Now the best one yet for me is the Liga brands(by Drew Estate) Liga 52 , Liga Privada and if you buy me one get an UnderCrown! In a Churchill size! Amazing flavorful smoke goes great with any drink pairing. I absolutely hate infused cigars ! Besides the Makers Mark by Teds, only in a corona, they can be overpowering.
It's become a great social past time with my dad and step father I law, we set up an outside movie theater with a 120" screen and projector and BBQ , swim, enjoy whiskey and cigars! It's been an awesome summer! Can't wait for some football on the Projector! Maybe we can pull it out Oklahoma! If we make it to Atlanta I'm breaking out a very nice stick"Cohiba Behike 54" yall cigar enthusiast know what I'm talking about! Take care ! Can't wait to hear what yall enjoy and what's saved up for a big occasion!

Liga Undercrown with some Woodford Reserve on the rocks.San Andreas Maduro wrapper , Nicaraguan filler , notes of coffee, spice , leather.
This is a gran toro size, nice long smoke real cool, that wrapper really pleased the palate.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: Type Orange+
Liga Undercrown with some Woodford Reserve on the rocks.San Andreas Maduro wrapper , Nicaraguan filler , notes of coffee, spice , leather.
This is a gran toro size, nice long smoke real cool, that wrapper really pleased the palate.

Great call on the Undercrown.

Good stuff.

Big cigar fan here, I have a 500 cigar humidor. I smoke a pipe occasionally but mostly cigars.

When I get the time I have some blueprints for a 300 cigar humidor I modeled after my knife chest, which is a rolling armoir , I just decided to try it last season and actually enjoyed pipe smoking, so I'm still new, but it's a good hobby that goes well with fishing!

When I get the time I have some blueprints for a 300 cigar humidor I modeled after my knife chest, which is a rolling armoir , I just decided to try it last season and actually enjoyed pipe smoking, so I'm still new, but it's a good hobby that goes well with fishing!

I have a friend who's really good at wood working. I've thought about having him make me one some day. If I ever outgrow the one I have I might do that. The interior and shelves need to be spanish cedar. This is the one I have but I don't like having to remove the upper two shelves to get to the bottom. I started to get one with a hinged door instead of a lid but I read reviews that they didn't seal well. I have a Cigar Oasis Plus inside for humidification.

Attachments

• b592caade099d2ec931418c1dcbb3c5c.jpg
    b592caade099d2ec931418c1dcbb3c5c.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 2
Love a cigar. Still trying to figure out my humidor situation down here in Florida where we keep the house in the summer between 78-82. It will be better in the winter when it cools down to 70 degrees for a high.

Love a cigar. Still trying to figure out my humidor situation down here in Florida where we keep the house in the summer between 78-82. It will be better in the winter when it cools down to 70 degrees for a high.

Maybe a not so tightly enclosed humidor? So cool air can move through and not cause over heating, you already have the humidity .

Reactions: 1 person
I have a friend who's really good at wood working. I've thought about having him make me one some day. If I ever outgrow the one I have I might do that. The interior and shelves need to be spanish cedar. This is the one I have but I don't like having to remove the upper two shelves to get to the bottom. I started to get one with a hinged door instead of a lid but I read reviews that they didn't seal well. I have a Cigar Oasis Plus inside for humidification.
The amount of $ I’ve lost on dried out cigars would probably pay for a decent small humidor. I just have a little zikar travel humidor

Rocky Patels are my favorite that are readily available. Cool Springs Wine and Spirits has some house rolled ones that are now my go to

Henry Clay Breva, Uppman Reserve, Partagas #1, Rocky Patel Edge/Habano some of my favorites. Prices skyrocketed under a certain ex-President:(but I still enjoy one per day. Most Nicaraguan cigars have a "nasty" taste, but a few are OK.

I agree 100% with you. To me the Dominican cigars are much better than Nicaraguan or Honduras cigars. Much more favorable and the Nica or Honduras cigars are too strong and harsh. Some of my favorites are the Arturo Fuente "Don Carlos" Belicoso and anything Ashton makes although Arturo makes Ashton cigars and I love pretty much anything Davidoff too but Davidoff get quite pricey. La Aurora makes a nice cigar too the one that has the Cameroon wrapper.

I agree 100% with you. To me the Dominican cigars are much better than Nicaraguan or Honduras cigars. Much more favorable and the Nica or Honduras cigars are too strong and harsh. Some of my favorites are the Arturo Fuente "Don Carlos" Belicoso and anything Ashton makes although Arturo makes Ashton cigars and I love pretty much anything Davidoff too but Davidoff get quite pricey. La Aurora makes a nice cigar too the one that has the Cameroon wrapper.
Hope for the opportunity to smoke a pricey Davidoff someday. WHY are they so expensive?
P.S. your avatar speaks volumes, amigo:cool:

Hope for the opportunity to smoke a pricey Davidoff someday. WHY are they so expensive?
P.S. your avatar speaks volumes, amigo:cool:

I think just the name "Davidoff" is why so expensive. Kind of like saying Mercedes-Benz or BMW. Doesn't mean they are better just because they are more expensive but dang Davidoff's are so good though. But I normally get the Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Belisoco which is normally around $12-$14 lots cheaper then the Davidoff's which are normally between $18 up to even $50 a smoke. Ashton's are good too. Normally between $10-$18 except the Ashton ESG which is around $23 but try the Ashton ESG Belisoco sometime. So smooth

I think just the name "Davidoff" is why so expensive. Kind of like saying Mercedes-Benz or BMW. Doesn't mean they are better just because they are more expensive but dang Davidoff's are so good though. But I normally get the Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Belisoco which is normally around $12-$14 lots cheaper then the Davidoff's which are normally between $18 up to even $50 a smoke. Ashton's are good too. Normally between $10-$18 except the Ashton ESG which is around $23 but try the Ashton ESG Belisoco sometime. So smooth
Agree regarding Fuente Belisoco. Nice construction, draw & flavor. This Santa enjoys a good cigar.

VN Store

Back