Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

A6B94165-2D3B-4A92-BFE8-610DD53D43D6.jpeg
Ah, the retired life… A Quorum gordito with 2 fingers of Nelson Brothers bourbon at 3:15 in the afternoon on a Monday. The 50 ring size gordito filled with “short cuts” from PDM is an exceptionally smooth smoke, medium bodied Nicaraguan.

Last edited:
So from today and yesterday

The Aganarosa maduro - was given to me when I visited the Cigar International shop in Pennsylvania about 3 months ago. Just enough time to sit in the humidor :D

Not too strong, more like an upper medium. Really nice dark chocolaty, a bit of cinnamon, nutty, well made. Because they are not as common, its not as easy to get good prices on them but certainly well worth a smoke. Notch cut for the box press (and I do love my box pressed vitolas)

8D7359DA-9DA5-43B3-B8AA-1387E10A53D8.jpeg

Now for the Alec Bradley - normally, I don't smoke this brand much but I will say his black market esteli is pretty good. A nice, very well constructed smoke for about 1 hour. A flavor powerhouse. Doesn't have the complexity of flavor that something like the Agnorosa leaf or my fav, the Pledge has but it has a consistent coco nib and expresso bean. A pleasant bit of raw earth, like Mississippi mud smell. Not really peppery, which is good for my profile. Not a lot of creaminess to me but a fine output of smoke, never needs a touch up. Guillotine cut for a wide open draw, not too wide though. You can get these for good prices and they are well worth it when you dont want to smoke your top shelf stuff but still want to have a quality cigar. I have smoked these a number of times and bought a box of them awhile ago and this is the last one.

7108921F-4A91-4E73-BA4F-CA12FDF523C1.jpeg

Last edited:
So from today and yesterday

The Aganarosa maduro - was given to me when I visited the Cigar International shop in Pennsylvania about 3 months ago. Just enough time to sit in the humidor :D

Not too strong, more like an upper medium. Really nice dark chocolaty, a bit of cinnamon, nutty, well made. Because they are not as common, its not as easy to get good prices on them but certainly well worth a smoke. Notch cut for the box press (and I do love my box pressed vitolas)

View attachment 543806

Now for the Alec Bradley - normally, I don't smoke this brand much but I will say his black market esteli is pretty good. A nice, very well constructed smoke for about 1 hour. A flavor powerhouse. Doesn't have the complexity of flavor that something like the Agnorosa leaf or my fav, the Pledge has but it has a consistent coco nib and expresso bean. A pleasant bit of raw earth, like Mississippi mud smell. Not really peppery, which is good for my profile. Not a lot of creaminess to me but a fine output of smoke, never needs a touch up. Guillotine cut for a wide open draw, not too wide though. You can get these for good prices and they are well worth it when you dont want to smoke your top shelf stuff but still want to have a quality cigar. I have smoked these a number of times and bought a box of them awhile ago and this is the last one.

View attachment 543807

Nice, I’ve tried the aganarosa, but not that exact one. And as far as AB goes, I like the magic toast. I’m also wanting to try the Kintsugi but I can’t seem to find them in the local B&M’s.

A391BE2B-BE80-45FF-9EFF-10FD7F9762A9.jpeg

I know everyone likes the reserva real but this is my favorite R&J. It’s a cigar that I can go back to and I never get tired of it. This and the Medulla by asylum 13. I should have put the My Father’s antillas, is in the same category.

Last edited:
View attachment 543996

I know everyone likes the reserva real but this is my favorite R&J. It’s a cigar that I can go back to and I never get tired of it. This and the Medulla by asylum 13. I should have put the My Father’s antillas, is in the same category.

The Reals are great for a nice mellow smoke (in fact, I love the new mown hay smell of a fresh box of them) but the R&J Reserve have a lot more flavor. Its a great every day cigar without breaking the bank or being overpowering. Consistent too.

How are you lifting that thing? It looks as big as your porch.?:p hyuck hyuck

Heh, if you think tha's something you should see my EP Carillo Pledge Apogee or even better, my Scorpion super gordo connecticut, 7 inches and 70 ring (very tasty and the wife says it reminds her of me, ahem)

7” with a 50+ ring gauge, the factory workers call it a Godzilla. 🤪

TWSS

VN Store

Back