CHW Does Nothing Concerning Turnover

Spook1

Ancient Vol
As I write this there is 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter of the LV UT vs SC basketball game. UT is behind by 12 points. Why? The LV have 12 turnovers while SC has only 3. Game after game, CHW does absolutely nothing to correct the situation. Something has to be done now or the program is going to suffer more damage.

I think that many of the Pat Summit era fans always hoped that when she decided to retire from coaching, Holly would pick up the reigns and keep the program alive. We were season ticket holders during some of the best years ever in women's basketball and we watched during Pat's final season as Holly coached and knew that our Lady Vols would never be the same under Holly's leadership. It's sad to watch the most storied program in women's basketball fall from it's throne and our administration keeps standing by and supporting a coach that is way over her head. Get these girls a coach that knows how to teach and win.

Reactions: T.J.
As I write this there is 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter of the LV UT vs SC basketball game. UT is behind by 12 points. Why? The LV have 12 turnovers while SC has only 3. Game after game, CHW does absolutely nothing to correct the situation. Something has to be done now or the program is going to suffer more damage.
The LadyVols make more turnovers than Arbys

She’ll get it turned around next year.

She has signed an agreement to promote this item next season and her image will appear on every box. There will be 20 per box.

2a402ed8-b601-4832-9445-3f7aec61b3ce_1.c1cf8a551737c6a98dd5124c066eafdc.jpeg

DefenselessWhimsicalBullmastiff-small.gif

She’ll get it turned around next year.

Wrong!!! The program under CHW gets worse each year. She is a total embarrassment to the accomplishments of Pat Summit and the UT sports programs. She needs to get on her motorcycle and ride off into the sunset. Worse yet, the whole situation will continue as AD Fulmer sticks his head in the sand and totally ignores the whole situation. It is high time that former LV players speak out and help get something done now...not the end of the season either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sr.VolFan
Seems to be a lot of hope riding on Fulmer not meaning what he says. We may have to face the horrible truth that he DOES...and he fully supports Holly and thinks she's doing a great job with this "young" inexperienced squad....and that he may not have the guts to do what is necessary. I pray that is not the case....but all we have to go on are his words....and inactions.

I say if we make the big dance give Holly one more year, if not..adios.

The word is "nothing" How can u do nothing when u don't kn nothing.. Just like my manager, we complained and it took the administration 3yrs to realized that he dosen't kn nothing, and get rid of him.

1st you have to change the "I Got ball It's mine I am going to score as fast as I can even if means running over 9 people or dribbling off my foot" attitude that all these players have! And have had since they started playing as 1st graders! What worked then and in AAU does not work at this level! And yes before everyone says thats coaching I agree it is! Every coach these players ever had is responsible! But HW is at fault because she recruited all these great athletes that can run faster jump higher than anyone on the court at the big Exposure Showcase events but she failed to recruit a true PG! Maybe a player thats a little slower but is the smartest kid on floor! High bball IQ! A QB type player! Is a player like this comimg in next year?

Reactions: jonson
She doesn’t know how.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Wrong!!! The program under CHW gets worse each year. She is a total embarrassment to the accomplishments of Pat Summit and the UT sports programs. She needs to get on her motorcycle and ride off into the sunset. Worse yet, the whole situation will continue as AD Fulmer sticks his head in the sand and totally ignores the whole situation. It is high time that former LV players speak out and help get something done now...not the end of the season either.
I was joking. Percentage of fans that desire Holly stay is below 1%

1st you have to change the "I Got ball It's mine I am going to score as fast as I can even if means running over 9 people or dribbling off my foot" attitude that all these players have! And have had since they started playing as 1st graders! What worked then and in AAU does not work at this level! And yes before everyone says thats coaching I agree it is! Every coach these players ever had is responsible! But HW is at fault because she recruited all these great athletes that can run faster jump higher than anyone on the court at the big Exposure Showcase events but she failed to recruit a true PG! Maybe a player thats a little slower but is the smartest kid on floor! High bball IQ! A QB type player! Is a player like this comimg in next year?

In addition to the obvious shortcomings involving coaching players once they arrive in Knoxville, I completely agree that recruiting is also a cause of the current problems in the program. Yes, the ratings are stellar, and, according to them, Holly brings in one great class after another. But the players that arrive also seem to have succeeded in high school mostly by overwhelming their opponents physically. And, because they seem never to have developed, or had to develop, decent fundamentals or an acceptable basketball IQ, when that's no longer the case (or mostly the case), they have no answer. And neither does Holly, who seems to assume that what was true in high school will also be true in the SEC.

I think the program would benefit immensely if Holly would instead focus on recruiting a player or two or three who isn't necessarily a physical powerhouse, but can shoot and has achieved success on the basis of her basketball smarts. I'd also add that, if Holly believes that she can't coach effort, then surely she should give a lot more weight, when recruiting, to assessing just how much effort the players she is watching are expending on the floor, if they take plays off, etc., etc. For example, I can't imagine that Rennie looked much different on the court in high school than she does now.

Reactions: PG1
Seems to be a lot of hope riding on Fulmer not meaning what he says. We may have to face the horrible truth that he DOES...and he fully supports Holly and thinks she's doing a great job with this "young" inexperienced squad....and that he may not have the guts to do what is necessary. I pray that is not the case....but all we have to go on are his words....and inactions.

I totally agree with this... his vote of confidence could have been just that, a vote of confidence. I love Fulmer as AD but I'll believe it when I see it. The program is somehow still bringing in top talent but they don't realize how dangerously close they are to losing the fans. If you think attendance has suffered now- just wait and see what happens if they do nothing.

In addition to the obvious shortcomings involving coaching players once they arrive in Knoxville, I completely agree that recruiting is also a cause of the current problems in the program. Yes, the ratings are stellar, and, according to them, Holly brings in one great class after another. But the players that arrive also seem to have succeeded in high school mostly by overwhelming their opponents physically. And, because they seem never to have developed, or had to develop, decent fundamentals or an acceptable basketball IQ, when that's no longer the case (or mostly the case), they have no answer. And neither does Holly, who seems to assume that what was true in high school will also be true in the SEC.

I think the program would benefit immensely if Holly would instead focus on recruiting a player or two or three who isn't necessarily a physical powerhouse, but can shoot and has achieved success on the basis of her basketball smarts. I'd also add that, if Holly believes that she can't coach effort, then surely she should give a lot more weight, when recruiting, to assessing just how much effort the players she is watching are expending on the floor, if they take plays off, etc., etc. For example, I can't imagine that Rennie looked much different on the court in high school than she does now.
This is the most correct post I have seen on volnation in a long time but be careful some on this board take it personal if you somehow talk about the shortcomings of some of the players!

He is going to fire her at the end of the season.....No AD worth his salt talks bad about a coach or program....He puts out a positive front and makes the choice to move on when it is time.

I wonder if she understands the majority of fans who understand winning and losing want her gone

Oh I guarantee she is starting to feel the warmth underneath her Lazyboy. I don't think anyone is happy about the current state of the LV program. It takes awhile, but i remember when i started seeing "Fire Butch Jones" shirts popping up at the football games.

Our offense isn't based on basketball fundamentals, though (and part of a good offense IS overwhelming teams physically--look at Baylor, for example). There's no question that, for example, Evina and Davis are top players from their classes. Our offensive schemes just don't take advantage of their skills. So, even if we do recruit players "with good fundamentals" (which have to still be cultivated in college), our offensive schemes still wouldn't take advantage of those fundamentals.

VN Store

Back