CHW - All the Wrong Records

Spook1

Ancient Vol
The college women's basketball polls came out today...not even one vote for Tennessee. That has to be a record of some sort, maybe back to when Pat Summit took over the program. This may be the first time in history that the LV do not even make it to the NCAA play offs. The LV offence is absolutely non-existent...standing offence and no plays with any imagination. Why wait until the end of the season, force her to retire now. Kelly Jolly Harper would be a possible replacement. She comes from a basketball family, played on 3 national championship teams as a point guard fro Pat Summit, was an assistant at Auburn under Joe Ciampi, assistant at UTC under Moore, successful at Western North Carolina, walked into a mess at NC State and now has Missouri competing with only one senior and beating a top 25 team...bring her home to UT.

The college women's basketball polls came out today...not even one vote for Tennessee. That has to be a record of some sort, maybe back to when Pat Summit took over the program. This may be the first time in history that the LV do not even make it to the NCAA play offs. The LV offence is absolutely non-existent...standing offence and no plays with any imagination. Why wait until the end of the season, force her to retire now. Kelly Jolly Harper would be a possible replacement. She comes from a basketball family, played on 3 national championship teams as a point guard fro Pat Summit, was an assistant at Auburn under Joe Ciampi, assistant at UTC under Moore, successful at Western North Carolina, walked into a mess at NC State and now has Missouri competing with only one senior and beating a top 25 team...bring her home to UT.

Summitt

I try not to post because I love the Lady Vols and I love holly and think maybe she really should just be an assistant somewhere. This seems to big for her, and it hurts to see. I became a fan because of my mom’s love of b-ball and all this Coach Summitt. I truly fell in love with the team because I started thinking some of the players were cute lol Tasha Butts, Ashley Robinson, 🙈 but I also loved the game. Holly doesn’t have it. To coach star teams it takes a star type of leader and she isn’t it. She may be able to coach but she hasn’t an effective leader for a b-ball team because she can’t lead and you don’t have to be a coach to see that. ... none of that isn’t to discredit the fact that o also think she flat out can’t coach but I don’t coach and I didn’t play past high school so 🤷🏿‍♂️..

We may not get another Summitt but we damn as hell sure can’t allow another season like this. Even if this turns out decently somehow...it isn’t enough. It’s another bandage on a gunshot wound. No thank you. I’m also tired of the discussion so I understand many here’s frustration but... I miss the old days.

“Hey Alexa, play ‘It’s So Hard To Say Goodbye to Yesterday’ by Boys II Men”

It’s amazing to see how far we’ve fallen when looking at a YouTube video of a 2007 season.

I wish Fulmer had taken a harder line on her contract renewal to make a dismissal easier. I’m afraid Holly is going to dig in to get that buyout instead of doing what’s good for the team

We have become the object of pity. It has become so bad some of the most die hard UConn anti Tenn posters are speaking out for change (and some are calling for a life time contract for Holly and I think they mean it).

Here's one I found tonight:

"You trying the Socratic method on Holly? Don't waste your time. Nobody is home.

Pat is an icon and deservedly so, BUT it denigrates her memory to fictionalize her in order to deify her. Pat was pretty damn hard to live with and under. That's a fact. If Holly could do it almost forever it means she lacked the self respect, ego and intelligence to go be a leader somewhere else and carve out her own destiny. She did not because she lacked what was required to go do that.

Pat was tied to the past and she cemented Holly to the past.

Geno takes what he is dealt and tries to figure out an offense and a defense they can execute at a high level. Pat could not do that. She recognized the need to change and gave Harry Peretta a tie and whispered in his ear "Tell me the secrets Harry", but she never figured it out. The dullard with the clip board was never in a meaningful conversation about anything. When Pat sadly slowed down it was not Holly in the huddles with the players as Pat stood outside the circle, it was Micky DeMoss.

I am so sick of the fiction in so many aspects of our public life and this is a prime example. It's a crime what the Tenn administration has done to Tenn WCBB. It sure wouldn't hurt anyone for a good coach to find their way to Tenn and bring it back to life."

We have become the object of pity. It has become so bad some of the most die hard UConn anti Tenn posters are speaking out for change (and some are calling for a life time contract for Holly and I think they mean it).

"You trying the Socratic method on Holly? Don't waste your time. Nobody is home.

Pat is an icon and deservedly so, BUT it denigrates her memory to fictionalize her in order to deify her. Pat was pretty damn hard to live with and under. That's a fact. If Holly could do it almost forever it means she lacked the self respect, ego and intelligence to go be a leader somewhere else and carve out her own destiny. She did not because she lacked what was required to go do that.

Geno takes what he is dealt and tries to figure out an offense and a defense they can execute at a high level. Pat could not do that. She recognized the need to change and gave Harry Peretta a tie and whispered in his ear "Tell me the secrets Harry", but she never figured it out. The dullard with the clip board was never in a meaningful conversation about anything. When Pat sadly slowed down it was not Holly in the huddles with the players as Pat stood outside the circle, it was Micky DeMoss.

I am so sick of the fiction in so many aspects of our public life and this is a prime example. It's a crime what the Tenn administration has done to Tenn WCBB. It sure wouldn't hurt anyone for a good coach to find their way to Tenn and bring it back to life."

I can be there tomorrow

Really? Like, we don't already know we could have a better coach? We got plenty of anti-Holly narratives and arguments without seeking additional justification from a Uconn fan talking trash about CPS. After the Peretta experiment, Candace the great came to town and with a fantastic supporting cast orchestrated by CPS and royally kicked Geno's @ss, so what do you think a about not bringing that boneyard trash over here.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScornedPapaVol

VN Store

Back