Chuck Oliver show question

with all due respect, Auburn was a broken leg tackle away from losing to Ole Miss and having something like 6 loses. They looked bad vs uga and didn't look all that hot in their bowl loss.

LSU, either both QBS got better in the spring or neither improved and im saying neither improved, will continue to struggle to win the West as long they have QB issues.

Ummm...AU is in reference to Arkansas in this conversation. Not sure how Auburn got brought into it, but it wasn't by me.

Totally agree on this. So difficult to write-off South Carolina after Spurrier built them into a contender and nearly won the East in 2013. The offense was still pretty good last year.

Yet, it does feel like they are in decline. Defense was horrific last year. A change of coordinators might help, but a lot of it was also a lack of personnel. And there's this sense that top players are reluctant to go there knowing that Spurrier will likely retire soon.

I really believe this is Spurrier's last year at USC. He has a 10 year rule and is approaching that limit.

Arky lost all of their playmakers on D, so they will be totally unproven there while playing in the SEC. Opponents will load up to stop their running game. They have a bottom tier QB and Chaney is gone as OC. Good luck with that winning the West.

You're right about the unproven players on D for the Hogs. However, calling Brandon Allen a bottom-tier QB is misleading as his 20 TDs and 5 INTs is better than what we got from a lot of the QBs receiving hype this offseason..And that's not to mention he doesn't have to be a playmaker as the scheme only calls for him to be efficient and take care of the ball turnover-wise.

He has two, potentially, great TE's, a super solid OL and, perhaps, the best running back duo in the conference ( stats wise it's the only duo with one-thousand yard rushers).

I like Chaney a lot, but Enos' philosophy fits better with what Bielema loves to do: Multi-tight sets with those TE's being the focal point and the occasional vertical throw...

But I can't see them winning the west this season haha.

VN Store

Back