Christmas Toy Drive Cancelled (Athiest Threatens Lawsuit)

Most "atheists" are attention whore douchebags looking for their chance to bully that doesn't actually require having a pair of balls. I find it funny that many atheists have become just like the church, just more douchey. Modern atheists are a crock of pop culture sh!t.

I laughed

Reactions: 1 person
Goodliness is present in everyone, but this connection to God imo is the conscious or soul and not the Holy Spirit. As I've mentioned previously, the Holy Spirit fills individuals (covers their spirit which is sinful) once they accept Christ as their Savior, and this is what enhances ones faith... and allows them to have a closer relationship with God. Jesus is the way, but the Holy Spirit is our advocate.

That is fine for you to believe; the Catholic Church just differs with you on that belief. Which, again, is fine.

Why do they care about something they don't believe in?

It's irony to the highest order.

Exactly this ^. I had to move to irreligious when someone asks me my preference because of the hypocrisy and overall d-bag style of most atheists. Its more of a "cool to be" thing now. Modern atheists, in their attempts to try and disprove believers of other religions that is/are no god(s) have themselves turned into a religion that worships nothingness and contradiction.

Exactly this ^. I had to move to irreligious when someone asks me my preference because of the hypocrisy and overall d-bag style of most atheists. Its more of a "cool to be" thing now. Modern atheists, in their attempts to try and disprove believers of other religions that is/are no god(s) have themselves turned into a religion that worships nothingness and contradiction.

This I can get. You don't believe the way I do but yet neither of us bash one another for the difference. Neither of us impose our beliefs on to the other.

And at the end of the day, we can still sit and enjoy a beer.

Amazing isn't it??

Why do they care about something they don't believe in?

It's irony to the highest order.

Okay. Let me explain it from my personal viewpoint why I campaign against the spread of all religion.

No choice for children, they're taught at very young ages that this is the way they MUST live or they will go to hell. They're bribed with delusions of a grandiose heaven and threated with an eternity in hell. Neither of which has any proof of existence. Then they're told to go off and spread the message of whatever religion they were born into - which sometimes results in violence (see crusades and jihad, for example) and more recently has been pushed via "humanitarian efforts" (which has resulted in increased violence and hatred of homosexuals in Africa).

I don't care that adults practice religion, they're old enough to make educated decisions as long as it doesn't affect my life.

Reactions: 4 people
Okay. Let me explain it from my personal viewpoint why I campaign against the spread of all religion.

No choice for children, they're taught at very young ages that this is the way they MUST live or they will go to hell. They're bribed with delusions of a grandiose heaven and threated with an eternity in hell. Neither of which has any proof of existence. Then they're told to go off and spread the message of whatever religion they were born into - which sometimes results in violence (see crusades and jihad, for example) and more recently has been pushed via "humanitarian efforts" (which has resulted in increased violence and hatred of homosexuals in Africa).

I don't care that adults practice religion, they're old enough to make educated decisions as long as it doesn't affect my life.

So Christians giving children toys affects your life??

And once again, you have not explained why you care about something that you don't believe in?

Violence? The baptists have resorted to violence?

Africa? What does this have to do with the toys?

I don't want to hear about whether Christ exists, you can't prove it either way.

Where your parents religious?

What does any of that have to do with a Christmas Toy Drive sponsored by a church?

If they forced these kids to get saved before receiving a gift or forced them to sit and be proselytized to, I would understand why an atheist would have heartburn. Just wanting to do a good thing and collect toys for poor kids seems like a noble gesture.

So Christians giving children toys affects your life??

And once again, you have not explained why you care about something that you don't believe in?

Violence? The baptists have resorted to violence?

Africa? What does this have to do with the toys?

I don't want to hear about whether Christ exists, you can't prove it either way.

Where your parents religious?

What does any of that have to do with a Christmas Toy Drive sponsored by a church?

If they forced these kids to get saved before receiving a gift or forced them to sit and be proselytized to, I would understand why an atheist would have heartburn. Just wanting to do a good thing and collect toys for poor kids seems like a noble gesture.

What are you talking about? The question I answered was, "Why do they care about something they don't believe in?" The question had nothing to do with the toy drive and neither did my answer. Stop being dense.

I've already expressed my dissatisfaction about the action taken by the humanist group.

Reactions: 1 person
What are you talking about? The question I answered was, "Why do they care about something they don't believe in?" The question had nothing to do with the toy drive and neither did my answer. Stop being dense.

I've already expressed my dissatisfaction about the action taken by the humanist group.

Cool

Were/are your parents religious?

My parents are religious. My mom's side of the family very, very religious. I went to a baptist church as a kid.

the way they MUST live or they will go to hell. They're bribed with delusions of a grandiose heaven and threated with an eternity in hell. Neither of which has any proof of existence.

You seem to turn out ok. Let's let the children learn both. Christianity and atheism.

Let them decide for themselves.

the way they MUST live or they will go to hell. They're bribed with delusions of a grandiose heaven and threated with an eternity in hell. Neither of which has any proof of existence.

You seem to turn out ok. Let's let the children learn both. Christianity and atheism.

Let them decide for themselves.

Yes, I agree, but many aren't given a choice. See Texas and other Bible Belt states that want to ban the teaching of evolution in science classes, as an example. Even if it is an "unproven theory" it still holds scientific merit and belongs in the classroom.

Teaching other religious beliefs would be a good thing, too.

Last edited:
A question for Protestants, because I already understand the Catholic stance on children and heaven:

Do you think that all children who die, below a certain age, go to heaven?

If so, what age?

Further, if they do, what is the reason for bringing children to church prior to reaching said age?

A question for Protestants, because I already understand the Catholic stance on children and heaven:

Do you think that all children who die, below a certain age, go to heaven?

If so, what age?

Further, if they do, what is the reason for bringing children to church prior to reaching said age?

Why below a certain age?

Any one who has not heard the word of Christ ( whether it be parents/or a remote place in the world) will go to heaven

As Christians it's our job to pass along the word of Christ. We take our children to church so that they may hear the word. What they chose to do is their choice.

Yes, I agree, but many aren't given a choice. See Texas and other Bible Belt states that want to ban the teaching of evolution in science classes, as an example. Even if it is an "unproven theory" it still holds scientific merit and belongs in the classroom.

Teaching other religious beliefs would be a good thing, too.

I agree with this, other than they aren't given a choice. They grow up to be adults making their own choices. Same as you have done

Why below a certain age?

Any one who has not heard the word of Christ ( whether it be parents/or a remote place in the world) will go to heaven

As Christians it's our job to pass along the word of Christ. We take our children to church so that they may hear the word. What they chose to do is their choice.

Fair enough, but this presents another dilemma. If you hold the belief that anyone who has not heard the word of Christ will go to heaven, then, for the sake of your children and their eternal salvation, ought you to all you can to keep them from hearing the word of Christ?

Now, one might say, "It's a duty to spread the Word", and, thus, "Knowing said duty and refusing to act in said way, will result in eternal damnation." So, one can say, they spread the word so they do not go to hell.

Question though: If it were the case that either you or your child could go to heaven, but not both, would you choose yourself or your child to go to heaven?

If you would choose yourself, then I have no further argument re: children. However, if you would choose your child, then you are saying that you value your child's eternal salvation more than your own. And, knowing that your child might refuse the Word, and thus go to hell, why not ensure his/her eternal salvation by just keeping them in the dark?

Fair enough, but this presents another dilemma. If you hold the belief that anyone who has not heard the word of Christ will go to heaven, then, for the sake of your children and their eternal salvation, ought you to all you can to keep them from hearing the word of Christ?

Now, one might say, "It's a duty to spread the Word", and, thus, "Knowing said duty and refusing to act in said way, will result in eternal damnation." So, one can say, they spread the word so they do not go to hell.

Question though: If it were the case that either you or your child could go to heaven, but not both, would you choose yourself or your child to go to heaven?

If you would choose yourself, then I have no further argument re: children. However, if you would choose your child, then you are saying that you value your child's eternal salvation more than your own. And, knowing that your child might refuse the Word, and thus go to hell, why not ensure his/her eternal salvation by just keeping them in the dark?

Fortunately it's not a choice I have to make.

TRUT this argument you are trying to make will run us in circles. You have read the bible. You already know the answers. Whether you agree with them is moot.

You know it is a belief that a great deal of us have, whether it's true to you is of no relevance to me. It is a decision I made and I will live with.

The latter are all logical possibilities. Thus, they can occur within the domain of reason. So, tests of reasonableness can still be used in theology. You don't get to just sit back and say, "Look, it's crazy ****" and stop there. Well, you can, but then you merely open yourself to the charge of absurdity (which, again, some Christians proudly accept; see Kierkegaard).

If someone labeling your set of beliefs 'absurd' bothers you, though, then you might want to modify your set of beliefs in a manner in which they are no longer absurd.

If you consider a virgin birth logical, I'd say that's absurd. Being labeled absurd by the absurd doesn't bother me in the least.

Fortunately it's not a choice I have to make.

TRUT this argument you are trying to make will run us in circles. You have read the bible. You already know the answers. Whether you agree with them is moot.

You know it is a belief that a great deal of us have, whether it's true to you is of no relevance to me. It is a decision I made and I will live with.

I'm not trying to run anyone in circles. Many catholics I know firmly believe that their faith both makes life easier and happier, thus they want the same for their children. Seems very reasonable.

If you consider a virgin birth logical, I'd say that's absurd. Being labeled absurd by the absurd doesn't bother me in the least.

Virgin birth is not a logical impossibility, therefore, not a logical absurdity.

VN Store

Back