Christians.......End Times Prophecy?

By the way, an argument can be made there is no "end of the world" even in the bible, but rather all that mythos is a collection of misinterpretations. Can someone point me to the word "rapture" in the bible?

The reference is caught up....

Rapture is one of those western bastardization of the bibles things....

here is the thing...alot of end times prophecies have/are being fullfilled. With that being said, the bible says he "will come as a thief in the night" and "no man knows the day or hour" Nobody knows, it could happen today, tommorrow, next year, or 100 years. Who knows

here is the thing...alot of end times prophecies have/are being fullfilled. With that being said, the bible says he "will come as a thief in the night" and "no man knows the day or hour" Nobody knows, it could happen today, tommorrow, next year, or 100 years. Who knows

Can you name some things that are being fulfilled now, that weren't being fulfilled 20 years ago? 1000 years ago?

End times prophecy is an awesome study. One has to remember the current and also future predictions in the Bible. Prophecy in the Bible always deals with a current issue and a future issue.

The beast and the mark was Rome and Nero with regards to the current issue and the future issues are far more complicated to deal with.

I have heard all of my life about phophecy being fulfilled but I do not buy in to it. I have seen pastors preach about Russia being the only the possible explaination of the army rising in Revelation and now it is popular to say China.

Personally, I believe we are a long way away from any thing happening. Things have to get awfully bad first.

Also do not ignore Matthew 24...... about the best account of the end times as your are going to get.

Many of the same things posted earlier in this thread. I know people have been preaching it for years, but still doesn't mean it shouldn't be thought about. Nobody knows the day or hour. I say it more from a stance that there is some really screwed up stuff going on around the world.

I think its better to just be ready, and not worry or argue about when it happens. The real question for most folks is if it were to happen today, would you be ready for it to all end?

Israel becoming a nation and the Jews going back to the Holy Land are a couple of things that have happened recently.

1000 years ago you had a huge middle eastern empire that was pushing back Christian kingdoms. You had the crusades in which Christians and Jews capture Jerusalem and then fight over it with the middle eastern empire. Disease and famine were very wide spread. Life generally sucked. I don't see why now is a more "end times" world than before.

And I am still not convinced that the bible even predicted an end to the world. I think Revelations may be the most poorly understood ancient writing in Western history.

I think its better to just be ready, and not worry or argue about when it happens. The real question for most folks is if it were to happen today, would you be ready for it to all end?

No way am I ready! I have to know how Lost ends

1000 years ago you had a huge middle eastern empire that was pushing back Christian kingdoms. You had the crusades in which Christians and Jews capture Jerusalem and then fight over it with the middle eastern empire. Disease and famine were very wide spread. Life generally sucked. I don't see why now is a more "end times" world than before.

And I am still not convinced that the bible even predicted an end to the world. I think Revelations may be the most poorly understood ancient writing in Western history.

Great commentary of the Roman occupation. It describes the specific Legion (Divisonal # today) stationed in Isreal to a T!

Is Israel, the secular modern nation state made up of jews, muslims, christians, and atheists, really the same as the kingdom that was prophesied? I am not so sure.

for those that don't believe in a tribulation and final battle, what do you think happens in the "end"? or is there no end?

VN Store

Back