Chris Weinke still on Staff?

I wonder if Weinke is having trouble getting things across to JG. Hopefully incomers will be a blank canvas and can take instruction/criticism during their development here.

Nope. Get him outta here. I've seen a ton of VN posters say that he's not getting the job done. That's all the evidence I need to know he should be gone. There are so many here who understand the intricacies of the big time CFB assistant coaching world. Many even watch ESPN and read blogs. Can't imagine a more solid source of information.
After 're-reading with blue font, i concur. :cool:

that's not how i understood it. according ausin price, hughes was CJP's guy....
Agree. I have read and heard twice today that they didn't want Hughes to leave. This is another instance of people reporting things that are either not true or misrepresentations.

Agree. I have read and heard twice today that they didn't want Hughes to leave. This is another instance of people reporting things that are either not true or misrepresentations.

RTI podcast also said Hughes was a shocker but they hired the guy from MissSt right away to replace him.

Maybe CJP has a pre-approved list of suiters on speed dial should the moment arise?

RTI podcast also said Hughes was a shocker but they hired the guy from MissSt right away to replace him.

Maybe CJP has a pre-approved list of suiters on speed dial should the moment arise?

I think what we've actually been seeing is how it works when the head coach and his assistants respect each other.

In some of these change-outs, the assistant coach may have let Jeremy know in advance he was thinking of going to _________ to join his old buddy / mentor / get a boat-ton of $$ ... giving Jeremy time to line up his replacement before everyone pulled the trigger together. In other cases, maybe Jeremy let the assistant coach know he needed to find a new opportunity, but that Jeremy would keep things quiet until he got something lined up, helping the younger assistant coach move on in a way that best helped him and his family. In the latter case, of course Jeremy would already know who he wanted to back-fill with.

Bottom line is, coaches helping coaches succeed, even if no longer at the same program. A more dignified and mutually respectful way of doing business than the "gotcha" moves we saw too often under Dooley and Butch.

JG didn't play all that great against Auburn. He did what he needed to do. Throw it up in the air and allow our receivers (who were dominant) to high point the ball. That's all. JG gets too much blame when it's bad, and too much praise when it's good.
To say he gets to much blame tells me you didn’t sit in the stands at the Georgia st, and byu games. Guarantano missed so many wide open receivers in those two games that it’s not funny. Tv really doesn’t do justice to just how badly he affected those two games. He cost us atleast 3 tds in each game by simply not being able to see the field. He is the worst qb to start multiple games for Tennessee in my lifetime hands down, and im 36 years old.

I don't think the guy from MSU is a replacement for Hughes.

Think he's just an analyst

ok, i'm not gonna argue metaphors....lol.

we started 4 different qb's and didn't have any real major injuries.....

and won 8 games after starting 1-4.

weinkie isn't gonna win any awards for outstanding assistant coaching. but i think they did a really good job of managing that whole situation.....so whatever metaphor you want to use, feel free. lol.
Set a porcupine on a bar, pour Jack Daniels all over it, set it on fire, and expect to get liquorice.

We didn't get no daMn liquorice but they did a good job.

Reactions: jakez4ut
To say he gets to much blame tells me you didn’t sit in the stands at the Georgia st, and byu games. Guarantano missed so many wide open receivers in those two games that it’s not funny. Tv really doesn’t do justice to just how badly he affected those two games. He cost us atleast 3 tds in each game by simply not being able to see the field. He is the worst qb to start multiple games for Tennessee in my lifetime hands down, and im 36 years old.
i was there and i am older. he had a horrible game. but I stand by my statement...he gets too much credit when we win and too much blame when we lose.

VN Store

Back