Chris Peterson?!

As White indicated in his press conference, he's just now starting to gather information on possible coaches while talking to all his sources, having a team meeting, and more. So I'm guessing any 'near term' guesses on coaches is just that. Guesses.

As White indicated in his press conference, he's just now starting to gather information on possible coaches while talking to all his sources, having a team meeting, and more. So I'm guessing any 'near term' guesses on coaches is just that. Guesses.

That's what he says to the press. He already knows who he wants and has contacted them. He wants the players to be heard and Steele to get an interview before he makes a move. Smart move to try and keep the attrition down.

Last edited:
After hearing the presser about compatibility, integrity and trust the only cpoach that fits that bill the way Danny described it is Chris Peterson.

That's what he says to the press. He already know who he wants and has contacted them. He wants the players to be heard and Steele to get an interview before he makes a move. Smart move to try and keep the attrition down.

It refreshing to see these words more and more on the forum. :)

Reactions: txbo
It’s not anywhere on Vols wire. It’s bunk. Petersen has had many opportunities to leave the west coast in the past. He didn’t. He stepped down from coaching when Washington was cooking. But he is gonna leave the west coast for a huge rebuild at TN? I mean people laugh at mentioning Kiffin

Why did he retire at UW? Health or family reasons? I agree he’s a very good coach but at age 56, there’s some uncertainty about hiring him.

VN Store

Back