Chris Low & Rob Lewis reporting Rick Barnes will stay

Have not seen any report on what UT did that enabled CRB to decide to stay. Surely, his pay was adjusted but also wonder if adjustments were agreed to for Asst. Coaches salaries. He has to fill his lead Asst. position to fill with Lanier's departure.

Um did we win the game?
How many times has Barnes even won the sweet 16?
Um the winner of the game advances and is 3 games from a championship. When has that ever been the stakes in the GATOR BOWL? #BadAnalogy

Um the winner of the game advances and is 3 games from a championship. When has that ever been the stakes in the GATOR BOWL? #BadAnalogy

Because there is a tourney.
My point is you are never seeing a NC or final four with Barnes.
He had Durant and didn’t win it all.
He is just a mediocre coach which is why Texas didn’t miss him.
He is a get the team to the tourney and maybe sweet 16 kinda guy.

Which is ok with everyone here just like Dooley was ok and Jones was ok because UT fans accept being the bridesmaid and never the bride.

It appears we got lucky during the 90s honestly.

Reactions: Catbone

Which is ok with everyone here just like Dooley was ok and Jones was ok because UT fans accept being the bridesmaid and never the bride.

Went to a Final Four. Some people bisch about things they don’t understand. Alternative being alone time with themselves.

Reactions: VolDave53

As I just stated in another thread, the Durant argument is old and dumb.

Reactions: butchna
Well stop that failure...you high standard toting badass you! Why you failing and accepting it?

I don’t accept it.
I am not putting a penny towards UT again until things change.
Used to go to 3 games a year. Done with that.

I don’t accept it.
I am not putting a penny towards UT again until things change.
Used to go to 3 games a year. Done with that.
Asleep at the wheel! How can you say you’re not accepting it? Fix it and then come back to the board. Flapping your gums while ours are otherwise occupied.

Real fans?
I love this part.
It is what ever person who accept failure on here akways says.
Us real fans stick with our team no matter what.
Here is the news flash.... THE AD KNOWS THESE REAL FANS ARE MARKS!!! They view you like a John the same was a pimp does. They laugh about you behind closed doors and call you crazy and rednecks....which is now been actually released and on file. Yes, this actually happened!

The AD knows the fans will keep coming back and they MOCK you. But you just keep coming back. Over and over.

What does it ever take to wake the so called real fans on here up?
All you pretend fans actually finding something better to do. The AD has the hiccups too much after you crusaders withdraw your largesse, to laugh at the rest of us. Eerie familiarity with prostitution references btw...no judgement. Welcome to not mattering...stay awhile. 😉

Reactions: calban
All you pretend fans actually finding something better to do. The AD has the hiccups too much after you crusaders withdraw your largesse, to laugh at the rest of us. Eerie familiarity with prostitution references btw...no judgement. Welcome to not mattering...stay awhile. 😉

There is a reason FL, Bama, and GA kick our teeth in on an annual basis anymore....because their fans expect victories and our fans are ok with mediocrity.

There is a reason FL, Bama, and GA kick our teeth in on an annual basis anymore....because their fans expect victories and our fans are ok with mediocrity.
Bama kicks our teeth in because they hired Saban and he established a program that accomplished that. Fans didn’t do a damn thing to accomplish that! Were they accepting “mediocrity” when Fulmer and his boys were KICKING THEIR TOOTH in for 8 straight seasons? Florida had a winning streak against us dating back to the Fulmer years...why’d our fans suck back then too? We’ve had winning streaks against UGA all the way to recently. So all in all your fan expectations SCIENCE doesn’t hold water! Axe the Tooth Fairy during your therapy session, you poor deluded soul!

Kind of conflicted on this one.

Feels good to throw out weight around a little bit - not so sure we don’t look dumb for doing it for this guy in 5 years though.

Rick is a good guy and a good coach. Hopefully it works out, but my worries are still there - that we peaked this year and will only tread water going forward.

Time will tell.
Which is not a crazy take at all.

It may end up proving to be a poor financial move over the next 5 years if UT falls back to a 18-20 win team that's scrambling in Feb every year.

If he does a good job over that time it could also set up well for UT to expand the pool of coaches it can lure in a way it never has been able to because they re now proving they are inve$ted in mens basketball.

Reactions: butchna

VN Store

Back