Chris Lofton UT's all time 3 point leader

I almost broke my hand throwing them up in the air and getting chopped down by the ceiling fan when that happened.
Ha! We were yelling and screaming at the tv! Absolutely loved it! Not basketball, but another favorite of mine is when Dobbs led us to something like 3 touchdowns in about 2 minutes to beat South Carolina at SC.

I can remember Chris Lofton taking Kevin Durant from Texas to SCHOOL!

He was “in-stoppable”!

Lofton won Tennessee A LOT of games - sometimes all by himself!

Reactions: LibertyVol
I almost broke my hand throwing them up in the air and getting chopped down by the ceiling fan when that happened.

I remember where I was, I had just left a Publix and was sitting in my car, I opened a bottle of some soft drink, probably Mountain Dew at the time. I turned the game on and heard the last minute. I went to take a drink and when Bob and Bert started going crazy and choked on my drink and spit and spilled it all over. I was happy but confused so I called my dad to see if he was watching and he described what happened.

It used to be on YouTube but I can't find the video anymore. And geez, we just passed the 20 year anniverary of that shot.

Last edited:
At 2.4 per game, 14 more games and at least 1 in the SEC tournament and 1 in the NCAA tournament Vescovi should score at least 38 more 3’s.

I think it's safe to say that no one will ever come close to beating his career 431 made 3 pointers but...

Could Santiago Vescovi beat his single season 3 point record of 118 made next season?

Vescovi hit 102 last year while shooting 40% from 3. His 3 point percentage has improved every year since he's been here.

Just a random offseason thought by me.
Take this in the way it's intended...I certainly hope I live to see his record broken. Go Vols!

Reactions: Stoked
What time will his jersey retirement begin? All i can find is before tip off…. Like 20 minutes before or an hour before? Just dont want to miss it.

No. Not while he’s coaching a conference rival. He will take up too much attention that should be on Chris

Lol. There are people here who would be mad at Bruce showing up at the invitation of Lofton.

“This is Lofton’s moment and day” says the same people who are also saying who can and can not be in attendance. If Lofton wants Bruce there, there is zero issue with him being there. Given we tip off at noon and Auburn plays at 8:30 Pm, i would not be shocked.

Lol. There are people here who would be mad at Bruce showing up at the invitation of Lofton.

“This is Lofton’s moment and day” says the same people who are also saying who can and can not be in attendance. If Lofton wants Bruce there, there is zero issue with him being there. Given we tip off at noon and Auburn plays at 8:30 Pm, i would not be shocked.
I would bet my net worth that he doesn’t attend, and Auburn fans would have the right to be mad if he did. His job is to coach Auburn and he should not be distracted by an out of town event on gameday.

I would bet my net worth that he doesn’t attend, and Auburn fans would have the right to be mad if he did. His job is to coach Auburn and he should not be distracted by an out of town event on gameday.

I bet that Pearl’s video posted earlier will be shown as part of the ceremony. I wonder if Buzz will attend?

He probably doesn’t attend. But to say he’d be taking or cutting into Lofton’s moment is hilarious.

Lofton was prolly Pearl’s best player here. The were also very tight given Lofton’s cancer…. If Lofton invites or wants him in Knoxville, there is zero wrong with that.

And grow up. In today’s world, things are around called private jets that can get you anywhere in an hour’s time. Tennessee plays at Noon and Auburn plays at home wt 8:30…. To think Pearl couldn’t do a Knoxville stop for his most beloved’s player at Tennessee’s retirement and then get back to Auburn for a game against a cupcake is hilarious.

VN Store

Back