Chris Lofton UT's all time 3 point leader

Stoked

I think it's safe to say that no one will ever come close to beating his career 431 made 3 pointers but...

Could Santiago Vescovi beat his single season 3 point record of 118 made next season?

Vescovi hit 102 last year while shooting 40% from 3. His 3 point percentage has improved every year since he's been here.

Just a random offseason thought by me.

My favorite men's (not my Dad) and female players both wore #5. Lofton & Zolman.

The stats posted by Freak remind me of just how amazing Lofton was (especially playing through his cancer).

To answer your question, I am excited to see Vescovi continue to improve, and I believe the single season record is attainable.

Love to have the top 5 in season 3's... 3 Chris Lofton's, Santi and Allan

But one of those Jon Higgins made was something special. Just ask Chris Bosh

Thanks Freak I was trying to find those stats but was having a hard time.

I think that (barring an injury) that he'll move into the top-3 most 3 pointers made. He'll need to make 63 to overtake JuJuan Smith.
Brooooooooooo.

It says JaJuan Smith RIGHT THERE.

The ability for SV to take a lot of 3's is not just ability, but the surrounding cast!!!
1) SV is going to need to have two really good point guards, so that he can play the 2 all the time. AND teammates have to get the ball to him ... at the right time, in the right spot, and in the right location.
( He was able to put up 100+ more shots with KC and ZZ at the point, last season). The point guards put up 250+ shots and shot @ .365. Those numbers will have to be replicated again this season.
2) The team has to play at the same pace of play as they did last season. That is rebounding and getting out in transition in a hurry, in order for SV to make a lot of shots in transition. 70+ ppg.
3) SV is going to need JJJ to shoot a higher percentage this season, .... JJJ needs to be a .400+ shooter from deep and not go missing in games - I think he can cover this base, but I am not ready to put a bet on it.
3) Aidoo and Uros have to be very efficient at the 5. This will cause the floor to be spread further(Not worried about this one.)
4) It's the 3/4 slot that gives me pause .... ON showed flashes, but he also 'lost his mind' in some games and he is coming back from injury. So, I will take a wait and see approach. He was not a dominant 4 and does not appear to have outstanding passing skills.
5) I think Tobe is a year away from significant production, so the key players who will make a difference in SV's production are Mash, JP, and DJ.
6) Another factor will be if SV spends more time on slashing to the rim, maintaining possession and finishing. We saw flashes. If he improves that part of his game so that he can do it whenever he wants, that will give him more space to shoot from deep.

My totally uniformed guesses:
He does not break the 102 set last season, because he is an excellent team player and a senior leader! We do not win with one or two great players, we go deep with a great team of players.
3/7 per game for a .428
Which will give him a good chance of getting to #3 on the all time list before the season ends.
SV and JJJ guide this team to a Final Four. (Not minimizing RB's contribution at all.)

Last edited:
Wow I didn’t realize Higgins was that high up there Freak.

Was also surprised to look back and see that my favorite player as a kid , Mark Griffin , only had around 70 career 3’s .

Reactions: AngryButchJones
Lofton draining that gorgeous 3 over Kevin Durant is still my favorite of all-time.

I was at that game!! I was an eighth grader, and my basketball coach took me and like 3 teammates. We were down like 12 or more points with like 2 or 3 minutes to go?? Something like that , I could be off on the exact numbers but anyway the Mr angel was asking us if we was ready so we could go ahead and get ahead of the traffic.. I remember I kept saying, just wait coach we got Lofton and smith this ain’t over. Boom one after another they got hot. 😂😂

Santi can technically play two more years, can't he? So if he made 120+ the next two years he would break the record. A very tall task but not impossible.

I think it's safe to say that no one will ever come close to beating his career 431 made 3 pointers but...

Could Santiago Vescovi beat his single season 3 point record of 118 made next season?

Vescovi hit 102 last year while shooting 40% from 3. His 3 point percentage has improved every year since he's been here.

Just a random offseason thought by me.

The game winner against Winthrop in the NCAA Tournament will go down as one of the biggest shots in Tennessee tournament history.

Reactions: JelloPuddinPup
Brooooooooooo.

It says JaJuan Smith RIGHT THERE.
I butcher names all the time and tbh I knew his name was spelled different and I still messed it up lmao. My bad bro my spelling is terrible anyways.

"JuJuan" doesn't even make any sense haha. JaJuan is literally spelled how it's said.

Reactions: cncchris33

VN Store

Back