Chris Fowler's return to knoxville

Hopefully everyone forgets all that crap and treats the gameday crew with respect. I for one would like to see them in Knoxville more often. Great for the program.

Reactions: 2 people
Fowler should be thankful he wasn't born in north Korea or some such, and be thankful he doesn't have to live in a trailer. If he'd come from a disadvantaged position, I don't see him ever uttering that comment.

Wow, we are really taking this one to town. By the way, have you actually seen some of our fans? They can be a bit rough around the edges but, as has been pointed out repeatedly, UT doesn't corner the market on trailers, morons, or nut jobs. Every major fanbase has their share. We've got a great fan base with a couple nuts sprinkled in. Getting bent out of shape every time ESPN comes up is not in our longterm best interests. This is huge for recruiting, will create an awesome atmosphere for gameday, and give the entire nation a chance to watch UT beat the everlivin crap out of the Gators and officially mark our return to national relevance. We should be smooching ESPN's butt for this opportunity not making petty innuendos over an offhand remark from the 90's.

Last edited:
Wow, we are really taking this one to town. By the way, have you actually seen some of our fans? They can be a bit rough around the edges but, as has been pointed out repeatedly, UT doesn't corner the market on trailers, morons, or nut jobs. Every major fanbase has their share. We've got a great fan base with a couple nuts sprinkled in. Getting bent out of shape every time ESPN comes up is not in our longterm best interests. This is huge for recruiting, will create an awesome atmosphere for gameday, and give the entire nation a chance to watch UT beat the everlivin crap out of the Gators and officially mark our return to national relevance. We should be smooching ESPN's butt for this opportunity not making petty innuendos over an offhand remark from the 90's.

BS.

Our sucess is not determined by if they do their show from Knoxville. Personelly I dont care for the show and dont care if they come or not. They pay the SEC ALOT of money so they can air the best dang football teams in the country. Why?...so their ratings stay up and they can rake in billions from advertisements. We dont need to kiss their @ss.

I think there are more trailers per capita in alabama than tennessee.

Can't believe it took this long to put trailer parks in their proper place.

Mr. Fowler should be grateful for OP's advice, since going out at night is a dangerous activity.

/threat

If Peyton had been African-American losing to a white player and causing people to get all up in arms, and Fowler had referred to it as a "housing project frenzy" or something of that nature, would it still be "[not] that big of a deal"? Cultural bigotry is cultural bigotry with or without a racial dynamic.

BOOOOM!

I agree. Anyone who thinks ESPN wasn't back handing us with the Rocky Top pig commercial is rather naive IMO. Don't remember them making commercials about another program like that.

I really hope people do not get this offended about everything....this is kinda stupid on a trailer park kind of level

Reactions: 1 person
I am sure he, Fowler, is expecting a warm heartfelt welcome.

Actually, that's what we SHOULD give them IMO. Kill'em with kindness.

On the other hand, just because some folks (including me) think the comments and the pig commercial were insulting (which they were), doesn't mean folks are gonna act a fool or bring shame to the program. Come Saturday folks are gonna be fired up and more than likely will give two shiz about Fowler.

Reactions: 1 person
Hopefully everyone forgets all that crap and treats the gameday crew with respect. I for one would like to see them in Knoxville more often. Great for the program.

I agree with this. All off season, and up until yesterday when it was announced that Gameday was coming to Knoxville there were a lot of fans that:

1) would swear on a stack of bibles that ESPN had hated UT.

2) because of #1, a lot of Vol fans hate everything that has to do with ESPN.

3) because of #1 & #2, ESPN isn't worth watching...there's never anything good on any of their channels.

Now, Gameday coming is the best thing that happened to UT since sliced bread. This has to be the most schizophrenic fan base in the country. Now, we have some idiot threatening in the op (though not according to him) that Fowler shouldn't go out at night because of a comment made 15 years ago.

Good grief.

BS.

Our sucess is not determined by if they do their show from Knoxville. Personelly I dont care for the show and dont care if they come or not. They pay the SEC ALOT of money so they can air the best dang football teams in the country. Why?...so their ratings stay up and they can rake in billions from advertisements. We dont need to kiss their @ss.

College Game Day gives UT great exposure. Great exposure helps with recruiting. Good recruiting is the foundation of good teams. Potential players are sitting at home watching the game and will see Big Orange ALL day versus a typical Sat. where UT pops up on a couple highlight reels.

Not sure where I said our success was dependant upon gameday being here but it is foolish to assume that having gameday doesn't matter to our players. they are also sick of hearing UT is a 'has been' and will play their tails off to change that perception. Just because you don't like Gameday doesn't mean it has no value. It will make an exciting game atmosphere even more so and clearly puts the spotlight on our program. Good or bad, ESPN is about creating story lines. Our team will decide if the headline reads 'they're back' or 'not yet.'

You try to punk posters out a lot pj. You make a lot of assumptions. Remember the thread golfballs started the other day? You continue reading minds and just leave me be if you don't mind. You belittle many whom you disagree with. Happy moderating

Glad someone else noticed this too. Oddly, I didn't know pj was a moderator until I tried to place him on ignore. Some people given a little bit of power, it just goes tho their head. Anyway this Chris Folwer from what little I know of him doesn't seem like a bad guy. He's even a Peyton Manning fan it seems.

Now, Gameday coming is the best thing that happened to UT since sliced bread.

Really? I guess Tyler Bray staying after Orgeron called him and telling him not to go to class, or Peyton staying for his senior year or a National Championship were prolly just more ho-hum days in the life of UT football... but Gameday coming... now THERE's something to get excited about..

Good Grief is right.

College Game Day gives UT great exposure. Great exposure helps with recruiting. Good recruiting is the foundation of good teams. Potential players are sitting at home watching the game and will see Big Orange ALL day versus a typical Sat. where UT pops up on a couple highlight reels.

Not sure where I said our success was dependant upon gameday being here but it is foolish to assume that having gameday doesn't matter to our players. they are also sick of hearing UT is a 'has been' and will play their tails off to change that perception. Just because you don't like Gameday doesn't mean it has no value. It will make an exciting game atmosphere even more so and clearly puts the spotlight on our program. Good or bad, ESPN is about creating story lines. Our team will decide if the headline reads 'they're back' or 'not yet.'

I can agree with this. It was the "We should be smooching ESPN's butt for this opportunity" that I was calling BS.

So trailer parks are everywhere we get it. The tornados always seem to find them. Fowler and ESPN just dont go out of their way to associate other states and other schools with them like they did Tennessee. I live in Florida now (after 24 great years in Tennessee) and I've seen more trailer parks here than anywhere and guarantee you the Swamp has as many of their residents in attendance each week as anyone. Yet you never hear trailor park or red neck or any typical southern derrogatory terms about Florida. Trust me, its not all bikinis and beaches here. 40 min West of me in Orange Park, FL is as red as any town in Bammer, Missippi or Goaga (and yes I can spell so dont go hating on me English majors).

Really? I guess Tyler Bray staying after Orgeron called him and telling him not to go to class, or Peyton staying for his senior year or a National Championship were prolly just more ho-hum days in the life of UT football... but Gameday coming... now THERE's something to get excited about..

Good Grief is right.

I agree with you...you missed the point. Isn't Gameday on ESPN? The same network that hates UT, blah, blah, blah?

So what were you referring to in your op?

Not real hard. The guy made a stereotypical out of bounds comment, and that there will be quite a few people that will remember that comment and may react accordingly.

And by 'reacting accordingly' don't mean bodily harm, more like shouting comments, signs, etc.

VN Store

Back